In this classic, easy-to-make chicken pot pie we have blended in finely chopped mushrooms for boosted flavor and an extra serving of veggies.
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb. lean ground chicken
- 1/2 tsp garlic & herb seasoning
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup cream or milk
- 1½ cups frozen peas, carrot, corn blend
- 1/4 tsp salt
- frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
- In a large skillet, cook meat, mushrooms, onion and seasoning. Set aside.
- In a saucepan melt butter. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in broth and cream. Slowly bring to a boil while stirring until thick. Stir in chicken and mushroom mixture, frozen vegetables and salt. Divide mixture among 6 ramekins.
- On a lightly floured surface, cut frozen puff pastry to size. Place dough over ramekin, sealing the edges.
- Make several slits in the center to allow for venting. Place ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake the pot pie for 25-35 minutes, or until the puff pastry is lightly browned.
- Calories: 370
- Sodium: 400 mg
- Fat: 24 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 13 g
If you like this, try these:
This beef and mushroom chili is quick and easy. Add in elbow macaroni for a delicious, one-pot meal.View Recipe
The secret ingredients to this classic meatloaf is the addition of finely chopped mushrooms; they make it more flavorful and moist.View Recipe