CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD HIGH-RESOLUTION IMAGEPrint
Basic Mushroom Meat Blend
- Yield: 8 1x
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound white button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef, pork, turkey or chicken
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- Place a 12 inch frying pan over medium heat, add oil, once the oil is warm add the mushrooms and stir to coat then add half of the salt to the mushrooms and cook stirring occasionally until most of the moisture has evaporated for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the ground meat, and remaining salt. Stir well to break up the meat and sauté until the meat is cooked through, about another 10 minutes. Add water as needed if mixture is dry.
- Use in recipes as you would use ground meat.
- Serving Size: 4 oz
If you like this, try these:
Individual Blended Chicken Pot Pies
In this classic, easy-to-make chicken pot pie we have blended in finely chopped mushrooms for boosted flavor and an extra serving of veggies.View Recipe
Blended Chili Macaroni
This beef and mushroom chili is quick and easy. Add in elbow macaroni for a delicious, one-pot meal.View Recipe
Blended Turkey Meatloaf
The secret ingredients to this classic meatloaf is the addition of finely chopped mushrooms; they make it more flavorful and moist.View Recipe