CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD HIGH-RESOLUTION IMAGEPrint
Broiled Top Sirloin Steak with Sautéed Maitake and Shiitake Mushrooms
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 1x
This steak is simple to make and comes together in minutes. Despite the ease of preparation, there is nothing better to serve for a special occasion. Tender sirloin is topped with a delicious blend of maitake and shiitake mushrooms that have been sautéed in butter. It is quite the treat that is sure to impress friends and family.
- 1 pound top sirloin steaks, about 1 ½ inches thick
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces maitake mushrooms
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Fine sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Chopped herbs for garnish
- Preheat the broiler to high, 500 degrees F, with the top rack of the oven about 6 inches from the heat source. Sprinkle both sides of the steaks generously with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and broil for 5 to 7 minutes on each side until they reach an internal temperature of at least 145 degrees F for medium.
- While the steaks cook, melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a large deep skillet over medium heat. Trim the toughest part of the stems from the maitakes and gently pull them apart into smaller pieces. Add the maitake mushrooms and shitake mushrooms to the butter. Cook, stirring often for about 3 minutes, until softened.
- Sprinkle in the oregano and thyme. Remove from the heat and add the remaining tablespoon of butter. Stir until it is melted. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper, or an amount to meet your tastes.
- Once the steaks rest for about 3 minutes, top with the mushrooms and spoon any remaining butter over the meat. Sprinkle with chopped herbs and slice the meat to serve.
If you like this, try these:
Individual Blended Chicken Pot Pies
In this classic, easy-to-make chicken pot pie we have blended in finely chopped mushrooms for boosted flavor and an extra serving of veggies.View Recipe
Sautéed Mushroom and Sundried Tomato Avocado Toast
Sundried tomatoes add a tangy bite to earthy mushrooms and creamy avocado for this twist on classic avocado toast. It all comes together quickly for an easy meal in minutes.View Recipe
Blended Chili Macaroni
This beef and mushroom chili is quick and easy. Add in elbow macaroni for a delicious, one-pot meal.View Recipe