Quick Chicken and Mushroom Indian Curry
- Yield: 20 servings 1x
Chicken and mushrooms combine with Indian Curry spices in this quick dinner recipe.
- 1 1/2 pounds dry lentils
- 5 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 medium onions, cut in thin wedges
- 4 pounds fresh mushrooms (white or crimini), sliced
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 cup mild Indian curry paste
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into quarters
- 1 #10 can diced tomatoes
- 6 pounds cauliflower florets
- 2 cups chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 2 cups plain low fat yogurt
- In a large covered pot simmer lentils in water for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in large deep rondeau or braising pan heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and stir-fry 2-3 minutes and then add mushrooms and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in garlic, curry paste and cinnamon. Add chicken and stir-fry 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes with juice; cover and reduce heat to medium-low and cook about 10 minutes. Taste and stir in more curry if desired. Add cauliflower and lentils; bring to boil, cover and cook about 3-5 minutes or until cauliflower is crisp tender.
- Stir in cilantro and serve topped with a dollop of yogurt. Accompany it with naan bread or basmati rice.
- Tips: Any leftovers can be reheated and rolled up in a warm roti or whole wheat tortilla. Fresh coriander, used in Indian cooking is the same herb as cilantro, which is the Latin American name for it.
- Serving Size: 1 soup
- Calories: 310
- Sodium: 600 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 34 g
- Fiber: 12 g
- Protein: 31 g
- Cholesterol: 75 mg
If you like this, try these:
Beef and Maitake Mushroom Meatball Burgers with Tomato Butter Sauce
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Jenn Louis of Lincoln RestaurantView Recipe
Ground chuck blended with shiitake mushrooms, romesco, grilled spring onions, salsa verde aioli, butter lettuce on a toasted brioche bun.View Recipe
Kentucky proud beef, button mushroom patty topped with huitlacoche queso fresco, avocado crema, crispy potatoes, cilantro & red onion on a local bolillo bun.View Recipe