- 4 each 8 ounce skin-on Rainbow Trout Filets
- 1 Pound Washed Stemless Spinach
- 8 Ounces Stemmed and Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 Pint Freshly Shucked Gulf Oysters
- 2 Ounces Julienned Tasso
- 2 Ounces Concentrated Lobster or Shrimp Stock
- 4 Ounces Butter
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- For the sauce, place the two ounces of stock in a large coffee mug and microwave on high until boiling. Remove and add the stick of cold butter cut in cubes and blend with an immersion blender (or transfer to a regular blender) until creamy and smooth. Reserve in a very warm place or in a double boiler at just under simmering.
- Season the Rainbow Trout filets with salt and pepper and dust in flour. Preheat a large (12” or bigger ) or two smaller sauté pans. First, place a tablespoon each of olive oil and butter in the pan then the Rainbow Trout filets, skin side up and sauté for about four minutes on each side on medium high heat.
- While the Rainbow Trout is cooking, sauté the shiitakes in a little olive oil for about three minutes, stirring often. Add the tasso (which is already cooked and just needs to be heated), the spinach for a couple of minutes, stilling often and finally the oysters just until the edges curl. Reserve warm.
- When the fish is done, plate in a large pasta bowl and top with the spinach and oyster mixture, including any juices. Add one ounce of lobster butter and serve immediately.
If you like this, try these:
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Jenn Louis of Lincoln RestaurantView Recipe
Ground chuck blended with shiitake mushrooms, romesco, grilled spring onions, salsa verde aioli, butter lettuce on a toasted brioche bun.View Recipe