Monthly Shipping and Marketing Report | November 2018
Open Positions on the Council (2019-2021 term):
- The nomination package was submitted to the Secretary of Agriculture and we are still waiting on the appointments for the opening positions.
Open Positions on the Council (2020-2022 term):
A call for nominations will be sent on or about February 1, 2019 for three open positions on the Council. Region 1 (All states except CA & PA); Region 2 (PA); and Region 3 (CA) – each of these regions has one position to fill for the term starting 2020.
Council Meeting: The next Council meeting will be held on February 14, 2019 in Orlando, FL. If you would like to attend, please let us know so we can make sure you are accommodated.
To see current charts, click here.
The Month Ahead
- November marks the eleventh Blenditarian Challenge™, and the theme is “Holiday Staples.” Make one of the featured recipes (or your own favorite recipe) and post a picture to Twitter or Instagram with #BlenditarianChallenge. Learn more here.
Highlights from October
- The October Blenditarian Challenge™ resulted in 55 original “Game Day” entries, including Game Day Nachos, Game Day Sliders, Game Day Stuffed Sweet Potatoes. A few of our favorite reasons for blending include:
- “A slider bar is perfect for game time! Being a blenditarian makes it heartier and healthier and no one seems to know! #BlenditarianChallenge”
- “I took the pledge to become a #blenditarian because I want to cook and eat healthy and better. A delicious hamburger for Game Day consisting of blended ground beef, thinly chopped mushrooms, tomato onion jam and arugula is my favorite.”
- “Being a blenditarian is a fun way to cut down on meat. I do it for my health and for the environment.”
- October 15 was National Mushroom Day, and fans shared their favorite varieties and ways to enjoy mushrooms throughout the day on Mushroom Council’s social channels.
- The 5 winners of the Blended Burger Project™ cooked their burgers at the historic James Beard House on October 18. You can read about the winners and repost the article.
Tracker Highlights – Period ending 09/9/2018
Spotlight – Notable and Newsworthy
- In the 4-weeks – Sliced mushroom growth outpaced whole in both white and brown varieties
- In the 52-weeks – All regions contributed to dollar growth, with West (+8.6%) showing the largest contribution
* IRI/FreshLook Data provided by Fusion Marketing