Monthly Shipping and Marketing Report | December 2018
Mushroomcouncil.org is currently down as we are in the midst of revamping the site. In the meantime, if you need anything please contact Heather@mushroomcouncil.org.
Open Positions on the Council (2019-2021 term):
- The nomination package was submitted to the Secretary of Agriculture and we are still waiting on the appointments for the opening positions.
Open Positions on the Council (2020-2022 term):
A call for nominations will be sent on or about February 1, 2019 for three open positions on the Council. Region 1 (All states except CA & PA); Region 2 (PA); and Region 3 (CA) – each of these regions has one position to fill for the term starting 2020.
Exemption Applications: The exemption applications for the 2019 calendar year have been mailed to those who are currently exempt. If you do not receive an application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Council Meeting: The next Council meeting will be held on February 14, 2019 in Orlando, FL. If you would like to attend, please let us know so we can make sure you are accommodated.
To see current charts, click here.
The Month Ahead
- December marks the 12th and final Blenditarian Challenge™ of 2018, and the theme is “Comfort Foods.” Make one of the featured recipes (or your own favorite recipe) and post a picture to Twitter or Instagram with #BlenditarianChallenge. Learn more here.
Highlights from November
- The November Blenditarian Challenge™ resulted in 49 original “Holiday Classic” entries, including; Blended Turkey & Mushroom Baked Bean Side Dish, Blended Thanksgiving Leftover Bites and Blended Sausage and Mushroom Stuffing, to name a few of our favoritesHead over to Twitter and Instagram to check out all the posts featuring the #BlenditarianChallenge hashtag and be sure to like, retweet, comment or regram your favorites.
Tracker Highlights – Period ending 07/10/2018
Spotlight – Notable and Newsworthy
- In the 4-weeks – Mushroom dollar sales grew +4.3%, outpacing total produce
- In the 52-weeks – Cremini mushrooms drove brown mushroom growth, adding +8.4MM in incremental pounds
* IRI/FreshLook Data provided by Fusion Marketing