Monthly Shipping and Marketing Report | June 2020
Open Positions on the Council (2021-2023 term):
Ballots will be sent out no later than June 1, 2020.
- Region 1 (All states except CA & PA) – one open position
- Region 2 (PA) – one open position
- Region 4 (Importers) – one open position
Mushroom growers have ideas, skills, experiences and perspectives that would benefit the industry; be a voice for your industry by becoming part of the Council.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture and the Mushroom Council encourages all eligible producers, including women, minorities and individuals with disabilities to participate and seek nomination.
- The next Council meeting will take place on June 25-26, 2020. Because of the current situation regarding social gatherings, the meeting will be held via the Zoom platform. If you would like to attend, please reach out to Cheryl@mushroomcouncil.org.
2019 Annual Report
Each marketing channel highlights their top achievements and goals reached, as we as memorable moments. Council President, Bart Minor, discusses the state of the industry and a forecast for 2020/2021 mushroom growth.
Stay Up-To-Date with Industry News
As part of our mandate to provide the industry with the most up to date information Bart Minor, Mushroom Council President, will be providing timely updates on events and news as it affects the mushroom industry. View past newsletters here.
If you would like to receive this newsletter, please subscribe via this link: http://eepurl.com/gWWjHj
To see current charts, click here.
The Month Ahead
- The second annual Blended Burger Project Contest wraps up June 30. Thus far, over 100 home cooks have submitted their blended burger recipes. Continue to promote the contest with customers, retailers and consumers by downloading and sharing contest materials.
- The Mushroom Council has been working with our Blend partners to help feed the frontline heroes of the pandemic. We encourage you to reach out to your own chains to create similar programs in key markets if you are able. Overall, it is a great way to keep up your foodservice relationships and recognize first responders. If you would like more information on how to set up a program, please contact Cheryl.
- We have developed a short information piece that summarizes the key benefits of mushrooms and The Blend®. Entitled The Top Things Being Said About Mushrooms and The Top Things Being Said About The Blend®, the information is an aggregate of what the top trendsetters are seeing. Use with your retailers, chains and other audiences.s.
- The Council has completed production of 10 new training videos for school nutrition directors and managers and staff. Videos can be found on the Mushroom Council YouTube Channel. We encourage your sales teams to share with your school nutrition clients and contacts. These videos will soon provide 1 CEU which is so important as all school nutrition conferences have been canceled.
Highlights from May
- The Council’s syndicated infographic ‘A Nutritious, Appetizing Addition’ was published. The article currently has 900+ placements (bringing in 199,846,220 total impressions), including: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Yahoo! Finance, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and Arizona Daily Star.
- MarthaStewart.com published an article titled ‘What Are Blended Burgers and Meat?,’ which gives readers insight on blended products, nutritional benefits and how-tos.
- Mushrooms in Schools used social media and partner ad placements to promote the new videos and all the updated school materials. Please check out our Education materials here. We encourage you to share on your own social channels and encourage your sales teams to share with your school nutrition clients and contacts.
Special Campaigns: Q1
Monthly Topline Report
Tracker Highlights – Period ending 03/22/2020
Spotlight – Notable and Newsworthy
- In the 4-weeks – Fresh mushroom sales soar amid pandemic
- In the 52-weeks – Dollar sales tick up +0.2%, driven by Cremini and Specialty mushrooms
*IRI/FreshLook Data provided by Fusion Marketing