Media Placements – 05/27/2020
Mushrooms in the News: 05-27-2020
Chef Lance Avery, friend of the Council, shared a recipe for Portabella, Bacon Sausage and Kale Fettuccine on Chicago WGN9’s Lunchbreak segment.
Newsweek’s special edition on “Food as Medicine” cited a study that consuming mushrooms can lower the risk of prostate cancer and contain antioxidants.
Blue Apron suggests mushrooms as a burger mix-in that can help “stretch out the beef a bit […] while also adding some complex texture and a deep layer of savory umami goodness.” Blue Apron has this blended burger recipe included in next week’s collection of delivery options available to subscribers of their meal kits.
As noted last week, a syndicated article from the grilling manufacturers’ industry suggests cooking blended burgers to extend meat during grilling season. The story has continued to earn pick-up, now with 1,091 placements for a reach of 120 million.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Lunchbreak: Portabella, Bacon Sausage & Kale Fettuccine – WGN9 (Chicago, IL)
- Four Burger Mix-ins to Make Your Cookout More Memorable – Blue Apron
- Our 3 Favourite Burgers for International Burger Day – FoodBlog Joburg
- A Nutritious, Appetizing Addition – Montgomery Herald (Troy, NC), The Courier Express (DuBois, PA), Bedford Gazette (Bedford, PA), Belle Plaine Herald (Belle Plaine, MN)
- Back to the barbecue with fun new grilling tips – Columbus Dispatch, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, My San Antonio, The Gazette (Colorado Springs, CO), The Miami Times
- Mushrooms May Be the Best Weapon Against Climate Change – LiveKindly
- Your Prescription Pantry: Mushrooms – Newsweek Special Edition
- Loaded Bun-less Burger Bowls – Unbound Wellness
- Traditional suppliers branch out with meat-free products – Supermarket Perimeter
NOTEWORTHY SOCIAL/DIGITAL ACTIVITY
The Mushroom Council shared the article 4 Ways Mushrooms Make Home Cooking Better on social media sites and followers loved the tips and tricks that came along with it. In addition to high engagement, commenters had these thoughts to share:
- “Everything is better with mushrooms.”
- “You guys have me buying mushrooms like crazy!!!!”
- “There are mushrooms under that cheese!” (User provided photo)