Media Placements – 06/03/2020
Mushrooms in the News: 06-03-2020
Teton Waters’ blended burgers were included in a Wall Street Journal story: The Best Burgers and Sausages for Flexitarian Grilling. The “believably beef” patties are suggested as a good option for those in search of “a blend that could genuinely be mistaken for an all-beef burger.”
Dietitian Toby Amidor recommended blending meat with mushrooms as a hack to “not only get more volume out of your dish, but also a new depth of flavor and more minerals that the mushrooms contribute.”
In the trades, The Produce News shared an interview with Mother Earth’s VP of sales, Meghan Klotzbach, touching on collaborative efforts within the mushroom industry and the company’s increasing focus on conventional mushrooms.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Back to the barbecue with fun new grilling tips – Daily Local News (Exton, PA), Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, Orlando Sentinel
- The Best Burgers and Sausages for Flexitarian Grilling – The Wall Street Journal
- 9 Meal Hacks That Help You Get the Most Out of Your Meat – Sparkpeople
- Whole Foods – Rachael Ray in Season
- Mushroom and Arugula Salad Pizza – Woman’s Day
- Mushrooms are D-Lightful! – Lisa Morrone, PT
- Roasted Mushrooms – A Couple Cooks
- Mother Earth boosts conventional mushrooms – The Produce News
NOTEWORTHY SOCIAL/DIGITAL ACTIVITY
As the Blended Burger Contest continues, Mushroom Council promotional posts continue to garner attention and comments. Last week, two posts on Instagram stood out as high performers. Comments from these posts included “Getting my recipe ready!!!” and “So fun!! Happy international burger day!”.