Monthly Shipping and Marketing Report | July 2019
Mushroomcouncil.org is currently down as we are in the midst of revamping the site. In the meantime, if you need anything please contact [email protected].
The next meeting of the Council will take place on September 5 – 6 at the Hilton Garden Inn, Kennett Square, PA If you are interested in attending, please let us know so we can make sure you are properly accommodated.
Annual Industry Meeting:
The annual industry meeting will be held on the evening of September 5 in Kennett Square, PA. More information will be forthcoming as the date gets closer.
2018 Annual Report
Each marketing channel highlights their top achievements and goals reached, as we as memorable moments. Council President, Bart Minor, discusses the state of the industry and a promising forecast for 2019/2020 mushroom growth.
View The Report
The Month Ahead
- The theme for social media in July is “Mushrooms Make a Perfect Picnic.” Find sample content here and graphics here.
- The monthly Blenditarian Recipe Challenge runs from July 1-25. The blended recipe inspiration is party dips and queso. Share the Challenge Graphics to promote trial of The Blend among home cooks.
- The Mushroom Council and Beef Checkoff are partnering for the 5th Annual Veal Summer Grilling Promotion. The on-pack sweepstakes runs from July 15 – September 3. Stay tuned for more information.
- The fifth annual Blended Burger Project is in full swing and 400+ restaurants are participating in all 50 states + Washington D.C.! Vote for your favorite burger at https://www.jamesbeard.org/blendedburgerproject.
- The James Beard Foundation Taste America event series kicks off with an event in NYC on Wednesday, July 24. If you would like to attend, reach out to [email protected] for more information.
Highlights from June
- The first-ever Blended Burger Project: Home Edition received 380+ entries! Check out the creative entries here. The winner will be selected and announced in July.
Click here to enlarge
Click here to enlarge
Tracker Highlights – Period ending 04/24/2018
Spotlight – Notable and Newsworthy
- In the 4-weeks – Organic mushrooms showed sales gains, while conventional mushrooms showed declines
- In the 52-weeks – Mushroom category growth rate outpaced Total Produce
*IRI/FreshLook Data provided by Fusion Marketing