Media Placements – 12/13/2021
Mushrooms in the News: 12-13-202
Food and recipe news outlet Delish named mushrooms a 2022 food trend: “The hearty texture and absorbent quality of mushrooms imitate that meatiness we sometimes crave so much. In 2022, we expect to see an uptick in recipes that call on mushrooms to replace meats.” Looking back, The Takeout named Caramelized Mushroom Pasta a top 2021 recipe.
Multiple top news outlets continued to feature mushrooms prominently in their holiday and/or winter recipes. Stuffed mushrooms proved to be the most popular, with Uncle Giuseppe’s Marketplace and the Washington Post both sharing twists on the classic dish. Food Network, Kitchn, and Goop all posted recipes featuring mushrooms as well.
Chef Sophia Roe recently shared one of her favorite mushroom-centric recipes in Bazaar. “The chef and host of VICE’s Counter Space has always preached that food, self-care, and advocacy are inherently connected. Roe is also unabashedly obsessed with mushrooms—she often dedicates Instagram posts to her love of fungi, and she even produced an episode of the first season of Counter Space devoted entirely to the muse. Aside from the multiple benefits of mushrooms—including being rich with antioxidants and helping support heart and gut health—she says they simply bring her joy. And isn’t that what food is supposed to do, after all?”
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- The 12 Food Trends To Look Out For In 2022 – Delish
- The Takeout’s top 21 recipes of 2021 – The Takeout
- Spinach & Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms – Washington Post
- Italian Sausage-Veggie Strata – Delish
- Loaded Thai-Style Lettuce Cups – Clean Eating
- Sophia Roe Wants You to Believe in the Magic of Mushrooms – Bazaar
- Truffled Mac And Cheese – Food Network
- Caramelized Mushroom Galette – Kitchn
- What’s Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe’s Marketplace’s stuffed mushrooms – News 12 Brooklyn
- These Savory Buckwheat Pancakes Will Give Your Brunch A Gut-Healthy Boost – Mind Body Green
- Pan-Roasted Chicken Thighs with Mushrooms and Thyme – Goop
- Creamy Dairy Free Bacon Green Bean Casserole – Real Simple Good Life
- American Mushroom History Begins at Kennett Square – Pennsylvania News Today
- Could Mushroom-Based Leather Be High Fashion’s Next It Material? – EcoWatch
- Blasting mushrooms with UV light boosts vitamin D by 4,600% – Big Think
The top posts this week include a recipe share for the Council’s Rustic Oyster Mushroom and Potato Soup, and a nutritional spotlight on selenium as we share how users can help feed their immune system during cold/flu season.
- Impressions: 38,298
- Engagements: 1,512
- Reactions: 411
- Comments: 18
- Shares: 123
- Impressions: 20,314
- Engagements: 1,483
- Reactions: 745
- Comments: 22
- Shares: 108
The views and opinions in the article links included in this email are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the Mushroom Council.