Media Placements – 09/13/2021
Mushrooms in the News: 09-13-2021
Cooking with Paula Deen featured multiple mushroom recipes as part of their spread on Mighty Mushrooms. From casseroles to tarts, these recipes show how diverse and tasty mushrooms can be.
The Healthy listed mushrooms as one of their 11 best vegetables for weightloss. Mushrooms offer a way to trim the fat and calories from classic dinners like tacos, meatloaf, and burgers without sacrificing flavor.
For the second week in a row, The Washington Post has a major piece on mushrooms. (Last week, calling Portabellas the “original veggie burger.”) This week the focus is on dried mushrooms, but also has a large “halo” that calls out fresh, cultivated mushroom benefits.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Mighty Mushrooms – Cooking with Paula Deen
- 11 Best Vegetables for Weight Loss – The Healthy
- 8 Superfoods for Your Immune System – AARP
- Dried Mushroom Cooking Tips – Washington Post
- Creamy Cashew Udon with Crispy Mushrooms – Bon Appetit
- Shrimp, Mushrooms And Zucchini With Poblano Labneh Sauce And Corn Salad – L.A. Times
- Daube de Boeuf (Beef & Red Wine Stew) – Food & Wine
- Mouthwatering Salmon Stroganoff Recipe – Rumble
- Miso Eggs with Mushrooms and Greens – Health Magazine
- Bourbon Glazed Mushroom Toasts– Taste of the South
- Braised Short Ribs with Collard Greens and Cheese Grits – Taste of the South
- Chef John’s Creamy Mushroom Pasta – All Recipes
The top two posts this week include a variety spotlight on oyster mushrooms and a regionally-inspired fungi fact.
In honor of National Mushroom Month, we are spotlighting a new U.S. region each week to share how home cooks and restaurants are sharing their love for mushrooms. Join us as we share daily fungi facts, regional recipes and spotlights on trend makers and restaurants from across the nation.
- Impressions: 18,216
- Engagements: 1,945
- Reactions: 1,427
- Comments: 38
- Shares: 106
- Impressions: 26,313
- Engagements: 1,188
- Reactions: 686
- Comments: 32
- Shares: 93
The views and opinions in the article links included in this email are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the Mushroom Council.