Media Placements – 09/07/2021
Mushrooms in the News: 09-07-2021
The Mushroom Council is celebrating National Mushroom Month over the next few weeks with a program built around building regional excitement for mushrooms. Spread across the entire month, be on the lookout for recipes, mushroom-loving restaurants, and other engagements across social media and the Mushroom Council’s websites.
Foodservice Director mentioned mushrooms as a major menu item for colleges and universities across the United States. Mushrooms are being utilized more and more each year for their nutrition and sustainability properties, providing dining directors a cost-effective and tasty option for their students.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Meatless Meatballs – Simply Gluten Free
- Goat Cheese with Shiitake Mushrooms – Vindulge
- 6 Vegetarian Main Recipes that will Get You Fired Up – Washington Post
- These Hearty & Healthy Mushrooms Recipes are So Satisfying – Clean Plates
- Savor the Last Bits of Summer by Grilling Portobello Burgers – Vegetarian Times
- Tomates Farcies with Saffron Pilaf – InStyle
- Creamy Mushroom Soup with French Onion Dippers – Pioneer Woman
- Creamy Chicken & Mushrooms – Eating Well
- Shiitake Mushroom Cocktail – Sunset Food & Drink
- Mushroom Council Celebrates National Mushroom Month – Produce Blue Book
- What’s on the menu for the new school year? – Foodservice Director
This week, mushroom fans were excited to tell us the last variety they cooked with. Oyster, crimini and shiitake were the most commented varieties. The other top post was a recipe for Oyster Mushroom Noodle Stir-Fry
- Impressions: 10,444
- Engagements: 378
- Reactions: 114
- Comments: 92
- Shares: 5
Engage with this post on Facebook and Twitter.
- Impressions: 27,905
- Engagements: 1,948
- Reactions: 602
- Comments: 28
- Shares: 225
Engage with this post on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The views and opinions in the article links included in this email are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the Mushroom Council.