Media Placements – 09/02/2020
September 8, 2020
Mushrooms in the News: 09-02-2020
The Packer shared information on the Council’s Mushroom Month promotions.
Additionally, with the USDA NASS data being released this week, the trades detailed sales data, noting that while the industry faced some difficulties due to the pandemic, mushrooms sales continued to remain strong as more were cooking at home.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Mushroom Swiss Smash Burgers – Sweet Cayenne
- 6 ground beef recipes that think outside the bun – The Washington Post
- So Much Fungi – Wine Enthusiast
- Never Touch Slimy Mushrooms Again! Here’s the Best Way to Store Them. – The Kitchn
- Creamy Vegan Pasta with Crispy Mushrooms – Urban Bliss Life
- Roasted Mushrooms with Brown Butter & Parmesan – EatingWell
- The Best Healthy Stuffed Mushrooms – Love Sweat Fitness
- How to Clean Mushrooms Before Cooking – EatWell 101
- How to Cook Shiitake Mushrooms – The Kitchen Magpie
- Mushroom Council celebrates September as Mushroom Month – The Packer
- Mushroom value up, volume down for 2019-20 season – Produce Blue Book
- Demand For Mushrooms Remains Strong, Continues to Increase Production Decreases Due to COVID-19 – Perishable News
- Mushrooms strong despite loss of foodservice in pandemic – The Packer
This week, recipe-focused posts did well on Facebook. The Oyster Mushroom Toast recipe had 42 comments, including: “Sounds amazing! I will try this,” “looks delicious” and “that looks very good.”
Share this post!
- Impressions: 26,323
- Engagements: 1,333
- Reactions: 309
- Comments: 13
- Shares: 138
Share this post!
- Impressions: 18,679
- Engagements: 2,304
- Reactions: 1.7K
- Comments: 42
- Shares: 305