Media Placements – 07/24/2023
Parade highlighted all the tips and tricks for freezing mushrooms to help consumers reduce food waste in their kitchens. The article highlights how to freeze mushrooms, common questions, and the best recipes using frozen mushrooms. Using frozen mushrooms is easy, the article shares, “When you’re ready to use your frozen mushrooms, defrost them, drain out any liquids, then add them to soups, chilis, casseroles or omelets.”
Yahoo! Life highlighted 15 Healthy Foods to Buy at Kroger, According to a Dietitian and mushrooms made the list. The article shares the many health benefits of mushrooms stating, “Portabella mushrooms are low in carbs and calories but high in nutrients like B vitamins, selenium, fiber, and potassium, as well as anti-inflammatory plant compounds such as phenolic compounds, polysaccharides, and terpenoids, all of which play important roles in health.” The article also notes that having pre-sliced vegetables or fruits on hand can save consumers time in the kitchen as they prepare their next meal.
- 15 Healthy Foods to Buy at Kroger, According to a Dietitian – Yahoo! Life
- The Myth Against Rinsing Mushrooms Is Greatly Exaggerated – Food Republic
- Here’s Exactly How to Freeze Mushrooms So They Don’t Get Slimy – Parade
- Tangy BBQ Pulled Mushroom Sandwich Recipe – Tasting Table
- Is It Safe to Eat Lion’s Mane? – VeryWell Health
- Balsamic Marinated Mushrooms – RecipeTinEats
- The Science Behind Why It’s Almost Impossible To Overcook Mushrooms – The Daily Meal
- 8 Health Benefits of Mushrooms – The Checkup
- Easy Vegan Recipes – Budget Byte$
- A Foodbeast Guide To Disney Eats In San Fransokyo Square – Foodbeast
- Mushrooms Have Taken Over Fashion and Wellness. Up Next: Chocolate – The New York Times Style Magazine
- Let’s visit a California operation where there are some mushroom varieties you’ve never seen before! – RFDTV
MUSHROOM COUNCIL SOCIAL/DIGITAL
The top post this week includes mushroom recipes that sync up with your sign. This post was highly shared on Instagram. The second post includes a feature of the Mushroom Council’s partnership with Allrecipes.
The views and opinions in the article links included in this email are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the Mushroom Council.