Media Placements – 07/12/2021
Mushrooms in the News: 07-12-2021
Food Network Magazine continues to support mushrooms in its latest issue with a feature called “Build a Better Veggie Burger” that includes a mushroom and bean blended burger recipe. Plus, on FoodNetwork.com a burger recipe by celebrity chef Giada De Laurentiis calls for topping the beef patty with grilled and sliced portabella.
Salon detailed the history of portabella mushrooms, noting their rise in popularity with a quote from former Mushroom Council President Wade Whitfield in 1996. They then talk about the future of the portabella, with a recipe-hack to make portabellas taste even more like a beef burger.
Forbes highlighted how fungi-based meats are booming in popularity, with the startup Meati raising $50 million in Series B funding. With a full consumer launch in 2022, the founders of Meati believe fungi-steaks will quickly become a staple in the meat-alternate category.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Build a Better Veggie Burger – Food Network Magazine
- Expect Fungi-Based Steak On Your Plate By 2022_ Meati Raises $50 Million – Forbes
- 28 Healthy Burgers You’ll Want to Make All Summer Long – Yahoo! Life
- Grilled Portobellos Get a Glow-Up – Salon
- These Grilled Mushrooms Are So Good, You Won’t Miss Steak One Bit – Shape
- Beef Burgers with Mushrooms and Aioli – Giada De Laurentiis on FoodNetwork.com
- Stuffed Mushroom Hoagie – Martha Stewart
- Buffalo Grilled Mushrooms – The Denver Post
- Oyster Mushroom Fried Chicken – Veggie Jeva
A blogger recipe for Garlic Butter Mushrooms was the most popular post this week. The second most popular post was also for a blogger recipe for Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers, which include sliced button mushrooms.
- Impressions: 22,498
- Engagements: 1,639
- Reactions: 589
- Comments: 15
- Shares: 146
- Impressions: 8,951
- Engagements: 482
- Reactions: 175
- Comments: 10
- Shares: 75
The views and opinions in the article links included in this email are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the Mushroom Council.