Media Placements – 07/08/2020
Mushrooms in the News: 07-08-2020
Giant Regional Nutritionist, Holly Doan, shared a blended burger recipe on Good Day PA! as a way to add nutrition and flavor to Fourth of July grilling. “People that love meat and those traditional burgers tend to not be able to tell the difference and even report back that they love them even more once they find out,” she explained.
Well and Good spotlights Vit-D benefits of mushrooms, writing they are “just as powerful as classic milk when it comes to harnessing the mood-boosting power of the D.”
Food Network included two blended recipes (Mushroom and Provolone Meatloaf, Lasagna Bolognese) in a roundup of their 50 Best Ground Beef Recipes.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Elevate Nutrition in Our Grilling Game – Good Day PA!
- Beef and Mushroom Burger – Italian Style – On the Kitchen Shelf
- This Plant-Based Food Is Surprising High in Vitamin D – Here Are 5 Ways to Use It – Well+Good
- Our 50 Best Ground Beef Recipes – Food Network
- Sautéed Mushrooms with Red Wine and Rosemary – America’s Test Kitchen
- Marinated Mushrooms – Country Living
- Mushrooms on Toast provide small consolation for missing farmers markets this year – The Takeout
- Smothered Mushrooms in an Amazing Mushroom Gravy – The Recipe Critic
- You’ve been cooking mushrooms wrong your whole life. Here’s why – Mashed
- Glutathione-boosting supplement marketer stops social media posts that NAD said implied COVID-19 treatment benefits – NutraIngredients
- Fruit sales plummet in non-holiday week ending June 28 – Produce Blue Book
NOTEWORTHY SOCIAL/DIGITAL ACTIVITY
Last week marked the end of this year’s #BlendedBurgerContest. We received about 500 great entries, including those below. Finalists and the grand prize winner will be selected as the summer continues!
View this post on Instagram
Korean BBQ Blended Burger for the #blendedburgercontest – – @bonappetitmag and @mushroomcouncil are putting on a contest to see who can create the best blended burger, and regardless of the results I’m now a blended burger believer. You’re looking at a patty that’s a 3:1 blend of ground short rib and shiitake mushrooms kicked up with a homemade Korean bbq seasoning blend. Add that to a toasted brioche bun with a smear of Japanese mayo, pickled daikon radish and carrots, homemade Korean bbq sauce, & kimchi and you have a drool-worthy burger that has an incredible balance of spicy, sweet, sour, and umami flavors. If this is a top three burger in the contest you’ll get to see this creation made by Bon Appetite Test Kitchen Editor @moroccochris – – Why a blended burger (which is 25% mushrooms and 75% meat or meat substitute)? Two reasons: 1) mushrooms are easy to grow and add a level of sustainability that an all-beef burger doesn’t have, and 2) it’s undeniably delicious — you don’t miss out on any taste or texture, and you pick up some extra flavor plus a ton of new burger recipe inspiration. – – #blendedburger #blendedburgerproject #beefshortribs #shiitakemushrooms #inbetweenbuns #winningdishes #burgerheaven #burgeraddict #burgersofinstagram #burgeroftheweek #burgerofthemonth #tampafoodies #grillseason #grillparty #koreanbbq #kimchi #biggreenegg #bgenation #bge
View this post on Instagram
Anyone else cooking up something for the @bonappetitmag #blendedburgercontest ? Blended Mushroom Burger with Charred Lemon Shishito Pesto & Quick Smoky Tomato Jam Fresh mushrooms give an umami boost when blended into seasoned beef patties that I have topped with fresh mozzarella and a bright shishito pesto (there’s a nice hint of heat!) all balanced with a tangy, smoky tomato jam. If you’re making your own you are aiming for a blend of 75 percent meat and 25 percent fresh mushrooms…so good! . . . . . #foodphoto #winningdishes #simplydelicious #quarantineeats #castiron #lemons #eeeeeats #stayhome #tomatoes #peppers #umami #mushrooms #blendedburger #feedfeed #hautecuisines #burgerideas #burger #worldsgreatesthomecooks