Media Placements – 07/01/2020
Mushrooms in the News: 07-01-2020
A recipe for mushroom-beef blended burgers was featured in the July 2020 issue of Costco Connection. Jennifer Pallian, the food blogger behind the recipe, explains that blending “is a great way to increase your veggie intake while infusing the meat with moisture and a satisfying umami flavor.” Costco Connection has 14.3 million print subscribers, making it one of the nation’s largest print publications.
Consumer Reports has recommended blending mushrooms as a way to “cope with the meat shortage,” featuring in their publication and also advocating the practice in their own outreach to local media outlets.
Mushrooms’ performance in retail gained recognition in the trades. Produce Blue Book notes that “mushrooms have emerged as a strong seller during the pandemic as well, with double-digit gains ever since the second week of March.”
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Mushroom Burgers with Swiss Cheese – Costco Connection
- 11 Foods You Should Eat Every Day to Lose Weight – Eat This, Not That!
- Protein Alternatives Can Help You Cope With the Meat Shortage – Consumer Reports, Yahoo! Finance, News Break, News Channel 9 (Chattanooga)
- Where’s the Beef? – EatingWell
- 32 Low-Carb Burgers That Involve Keto Buns, Lettuce Wraps and Yes, Burger Bombs – Parade
- 9 Vitamin D Benefits You Should Know – and How to Get More in Your Diet – Health
- 9 Easy Ways To Eat Less Meat This Summer – HuffPost
- How to Get Copper on a Plant-Based Diet – One Green Planet
- This Easy, Healthy Mushroom Lasagna Will Make Your Next Pasta Night Even Better – Well+Good
- Grilled Mushroom Antipasto Salad – Bon Appétit
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms – Jenny Shea Rawn
- Fried Mushroom Tacos with Roasted Poblano Sauce – Tastemaker Blog
- Fresh Produce Sales Up 10.6% Over Same Period in 2019 – Southeast Produce Weekly
- Vegetables again lead retail fresh produce sales growth – Produce Blue Book
- Retail produce sales remain elevated, but growth slows – The Packerk
NOTEWORTHY SOCIAL/DIGITAL ACTIVITY
A poll was hosted on Mushroom Council’s Facebook channel this week and received over 500 votes and nearly 200 positive comments.
- Impressions: 18,436
- Engagements: 1,219
- Reactions: 878
- Comments: 125
- Shares: 50
- Any way one of my favorite foods
- Portabella burger marinated in vinegar oil garlic and red onion, seared on a cast-iron skillet in a brioche bun. It’s heaven.
- I like them stuffed with sausage and herbs, with a bit of cheese.
- Any way I can get them! Sliced, sautéed in garlic butter and spread over a steak ! Yummy mushrooms !