Media Placements – 05/24/19
Mushrooms in the News: 5-24-19
This week, Washington Post included Chef Jehangir Mehta’s Graffiti burger in a roundup of burgers for summer grilling. Additionally, RD Andrea Luttrell spotlighted the Classic Blended Burger recipe in an article “Liven up grilling season with burger options” in the Springfield Republican.
The Blended Burger Project kicks off Monday and coverage continues to pop up in local markets including Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Detroit.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Cleveland Chefs Vie for Top Honors in Annual Blended Burger Project – Clevescene.com
- We love a good burger, from classic to creative. These beefy recipes belong on your grill. – The Washington Post
- 4 Pittsburgh restaurants vie for best blended burger title – Pittsburgh Post Gazette
- Liven up grilling season with burger options – Republican (Springfield, Mass.)
- Get Ready, SF: Chef Behind Oakland’s Drip Line Will Bring Unique Flavors Across the Bay – KQED (Ca.)
- She’s walking 2,473 miles to see Ellen DeGeneres and help Best Friend Animal Society – Pittsburgh Post Gazette
- Found: The Best Healthy Burgers for Your Weekend BBQ – Mind Body Green
- Winner will be invited to the World Food Championships in Dallas for chance to win $100k – Morgan Hill Life
- Radio clip from WDET (JBF/BBP mention) – Detroit
- Mushroom Bison Burger – Simple at Home
- Improve your mood + boost your energy – Woman’s World
- The Genius Trick to Cooking Perfectly Roasted Mushrooms – Real Simple
- An Ode to the Concha Burger – Cowboys & Indians
- Easy Mushroom Tacos – Isabel Eats
NOTEWORTHY SOCIAL/DIGITAL ACTIVITY
We are nearing 200 Instagram entries in the Blended Burger Contest, with home cooks from 31 states now entered.
Highlights this week:
@chilesandsmoke: The biggest lesson for me was that mushrooms totally belong in burgers
@moe.beer.plz: Mushrooms in burger is now life! May even attempt a 50/50 mix next!
Follow the hashtag to follow along: #BlendedBurgerContest.