Media Placements – 05/13/20
Mushrooms in the News: 05-13-2020
The ‘Just Add Mushrooms’ syndicated infographic, distributed last week, encourages home cooks to add mushrooms as an easy way to “make meals tastier and more nutritious.” So far, there are over 750 placements and 189,890,179 impressions.
Mushrooms are included in an article on superfoods in an upcoming print issue of First for Women. The fiber, protein and carbohydrate contents of mushrooms are noted to help curb cravings and “stabilize blood sugar.”
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Just Add Mushrooms Infographic – Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, WFMZ (Philadelphia), Southern Chester County Weeklies (West Chester, PA), Business Insider, Billings Gazette, The Oklahoman
- 4 Ways Mushrooms Make Home Cooking Better – The State Journal (Frankfort, KY), The Florida Times-Union, Daily Herald (Chicago, IL), CT Post (Bridgeport, CT)
- Cook Comfort Food Once, Enjoy It Twice – NBC Right Now, The Oklahoman, Lincoln Journal Star (Lincoln, NE), The Buffalo News (Buffalo, NY), Bradford Journal (Bradford, PA)
- Blended Burgers: Double the Goodness – Mispennylane
- Mushroom Meatballs – My Joyous Lab
- Family Favorites with a Blended Twist – The Greenville News (Greenville, SC)
- Creamy Pasta with Crispy Mushrooms – Bon Appétit
- Recharge with Spring Superfoods – First forWomen
- 15 Plant-Based Recipes to Boost Lung Health – One Green Planet
- Sizzling Summer! – Diabetes Self-Management
- Mushroom shortages expected for up to 10 weeks – The Packer
- Mushroom shortages expected as industry innovates during ‘dark time’ – Capital Press
- For Mom’s Day, White Castle asks: ‘Is life really too short to stuff a mushroom?’ – QSR Web
NOTEWORTHY SOCIAL/DIGITAL ACTIVITY
MC social channels celebrated Cinco De Mayo and Mother’s Day in the beginning of May, inspiring followers to make incredible mushroom dishes from the comfort of their homes. The posts accumulated over a combined 600 shares and thousands of likes from mushroom lovers.
The comments were full of home cooks looking for new inspiration, see some of the comments below.
- “Wow that sounds wonderful!”
- MMM yummy I’m hungry now
- Jen W would you eat this? I’d like to try it out.
- Looks delicious
- And no meat needed, thank you!