Media Placements – 05/06/20
Mushrooms in the News: 05-06-2020
Our two syndicated stories on cooking mushrooms at home are now at 3,327 combined placements: “Cook Comfort Food Once, Enjoy It Twice” and “4 Ways Mushrooms Make Home Cooking Better” have collectively earned more than 575 million impressions.
AMI has also released a syndicated article to proactively educate consumers about mushroom growers’ food safety protocols that have been in place before and during the crisis. Below you’ll see a placement of AMI’s syndicated article as it appears in The Alliance Review. The article also highlights the nutritional benefits of mushrooms, noting that “mushrooms have long been celebrated for their gluten-free, powerful nutrients and low calories, sodium, fat and cholesterol.”
In the trades, The Packer and Perishable News covered the launch of the second annual Blended Burger Project: Home Edition competition.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- 4 Ways Mushroom Make Home Cooking Better – The Columbus Dispatch, My San Antonio, Napa Valley Register, Austin 360
- The Safety of Mushrooms: From Harvest to Home – The Alliance Review (Alliance, Ohio) – AMI syndicated article placement
- Cooking at Home – Mushroom Beef Sloppy Joes – Kiowa County Press (Eads, Colorado)
- Mozzarella Stuffed Mushroom Burgers – A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Double Mushroom Cheeseburgers – Sumptuous Spoonfuls
- Mushroom Fajitas are better than all your Taco Tuesdays put together – The Takeout
- 12 Popular Mushroom Recipes to Make This Weekend – Kitchn
- Grilled Balsamic Mushrooms – Delish
- Fuel Up with Fungi – Yoga Journal
- Mushroom Council, Bon Appétit launch home burger competition – The Packer
- Bon Appetit and Mushroom Council Launch Blended Burger Contest for People Cooking at Home – Perishable News
- The Top 10 Functional Food Trends – Food Technology
NOTEWORTHY SOCIAL/DIGITAL ACTIVITY
The launch of the 2nd Annual Blended Burger Contest made a splash across all Mushroom Council social platforms last week, announcing our partnership with Bon Appetit to find the greatest blended burger home cooks can develop. Announcement posts on MC channels were accompanied by sponsored posts from foodie influencers @whatsgabycookin, @flavcity, @dennistheprescott, @dadaeats and @jesspryles, as well as Bon Appetit.
The contest launched on May 1 and has already received multiple entries. To see a selection of entries, search the #blendedburgercontest hashtag on Instagram (while not a required step this year, any entrants who post will receive an additional small gift in the mail).