Media Placements – 05/10/19
Mushrooms in the News: 5-10-19
On the nutrition front this week, Time Inc. shared a video on Facebook titled “Are Mushrooms Good For You?” calling out many nutrition benefits including Vitamin D. Additionally, dietitian Cynthia Sass published a mushroom feature on Health.com, spotlighting Applegate’s Blended Burger, among other trending mushroom products. The Cut also published a story discussing the potential cognitive benefits of mushrooms.
Blended Burger Project coverage has been steady with articles in the Dallas Observer and the Pittsburgh City Paper.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- The Health Benefits of Mushrooms – Plus How to Get More in Your Diet – Health.com
- Are Mushrooms Good For You? – Time Inc. (Facebook video)
- Are Mushrooms the Best Brain Food? – The Cut
- A Wholey’s shellabration,” blended burgers, a Hello Kitty food truck, and more food news from this week – PGH City Paper (Pittsburgh)
- As Burger Lovers Look to Diversify Their Patties, Liberty Burger Gets Creative – Dallas Observer
- Mushroom Council and Bon Appetit Launch “Blended” Burger Month Recipe Contest – The Culinary Scoop
- Blenditarian Spaghetti and Meatballs – Celebratemore.com
- These 10 Mushroom Recipes Are All Vegan and All Kinds of Delicious – PopSugar
- 13 Mushroom Recipes for Meatless Mondays (and the Rest of the Week) – Chowhound
- You won’t miss the meat when you make this mushroom burger – Sioux City (S.D.) Journal
- How You Can Blend Your Way to a Nutritious Meal – View from the Pugh
- 10 Craveable Burgers: Smokey Mushroom Venison Blended Burger – Foodservice Director
- New Products Stimulate Mushroom Market in US – Fresh Plaza
- The James Beard Foundation Blended Burger Project for a More Sustainable Food System – Restaurant Business
- After exiting Beyond Meat, how will Tyson do with its own plant-based products? – Food Dive
NOTEWORTHY SOCIAL/DIGITAL ACTIVITY
Blended Burger Contest
The blended burger entries are rolling in! Buzz of the contest is rising and dozens of consumers have already posted their burger recipes to Instagram.
Follow the hashtag to follow along: #BlendedBurgerContest.