Media Placements – 04/11/2022
Mushrooms in the News: 04-11-2022
Chef Sicily Sierra shared her Hot Honey Fried Mushroom Sandwich recipe with Ebony to kick off the launch of the new Kittch streaming platform. “Originally from Southern California, Sierra’s family has been in the food business for seven generations, and she recounts, ‘some of my fondest memories are dressing up for church on Sunday, running around, and the fellowship of eating as a community after Sunday service. The laughter, the joy, and the eating.’ Through gourmet sandwich recipes, Sierra wants to capture that warm feeling of nostalgia with her recipes and cooking classes”
Kittch is an online platform for chefs to interact with fans through video, live streams, and interactive classes, bringing food from the professionals to the consumer. Mushroom Council is collaborating with Sierra and 14 other renowned chefs on Kittch all throughout April in celebration of Earth Month, sharing mushroom recipes and sustainability content. Mushroom industry members are encouraged to join at www.kittch.com.
The Food Institute released an article detailing the continued growing interest in fresh mushrooms. From the article, “The global mushroom market size is expected to reach $115.8 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, expanding at a CAGR of 9.7%.” The article cites mushrooms’ continued popularity since 2020, with their versatility and nutrition being the main purchase factors.
Local NBC-TV affiliates nationwide are airing a story called “Mushrooms are Having a Moment,” based on a recent Consumer Reports story on mushrooms being the top trending food. The report covers how prevalent mushrooms have become in grocery stores, not only because of their taste, but also the various nutrients that certain varieties contain. The story so far has aired in Dallas, Miami and Milwaukee.
The Gold Medal Classroom featured Andrew Hunter, Mushroom Council culinary consultant, in a lesson plan on teaching student chefs how to use mushrooms. Chef Andrew shared a few exercises that will help students understand the differences in mushroom varieties, as well as how the fifth flavor of umami can enhance their recipes.
- Chef Sicily Sierra Wants Us to Spice Up Our Sandwiches – Ebony
- Make these creamy mushrooms over toast in just 15 minutes – Washington Post
- Mushrooms Are Having a Moment – NBC Dallas-Fort Worth
- MushroomsAre Having a Moment – FOX6 Milwaukee
- Mushrooms Are Having a Moment – NBC6 Miami
- The boom in ‘shrooms – Detroit News
- The Kitchn: Air fryer mushrooms are as easy to make as they are to eat – Omaha World-Herald
- Cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms – Cooking Light
- In the Kitchen: Oyster Mushroom & Ginger Ravioli – WPRI Rhode Island
- This warm spinach salad with shiitakes is rich with savory, smoky flavors – SF Gate
- Stuffed Mushrooms with Chorizo and Gorgonzola – All Recipes
- Collard-Artichoke-and-Mushroom Strata – Southern Living
- 7 quesadilla recipes for quick, customizable meals any time of day – Washington Post
- Steak & Mushroom Grilled Cheese – Delish
- Shaoxing-Steamed Steelhead Trout and Mushrooms – Food & Wine
- Walnut-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms – Kitchn
- Shamey Momos – Epicurious
- Supergreen Mushroom & Orzo Soup – O Quarterly
- Braised Brisket Potato Tot Casserole – Food & Wine
- 32 Plant-Based Mushroom Recipes – Minimalist Baker
- Mushroom Council to use culinary platform for April chef promotion – Produce Blue Book
- Mushroom Council® Teams Up With Kittch to Showcase Sustainability and Flavor of Mushrooms – AndNowUKnow
- Mushroom Council Partners With New Culinary Platform Kittch to Showcase Mushrooms’ Sustainability and Flavor Throughout April – Perishable News
- No Cap in Sight for Booming Mushroom Market – The Food Institute
- Creating An Umami Bomb with Glutamate-rich Ingredients – Gold Medal Classroom
- Mushrooms – A True Culinary Champignon – Total Food Service
This week’s top posts included a post asking viewers about their favorite mushroom recipe, as well as a post celebrating the start of Earth Month.
- Impressions: 18,184
- Engagements: 1,584
- Reactions: 959
- Comments: 94
- Shares: 53
- Impressions: 8,471
- Engagements: 223
- Reactions: 125
- Shares: 21
The views and opinions in the article links included in this email are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the Mushroom Council.