Media Placements – 03/15/2021
Mushrooms in the News: 03-15-2021
Runner’s World referenced the recent NHANES Study in an article sharing the health benefits of mushrooms for runners. “Mushrooms are low in calories, carbohydrates, fat, and sodium—making them a healthy and easy addition to your meals, no matter your dietary restrictions,” the article said.
The Manhattan Times shared a recipe for Turkey-Mushroom Blend Burgers, explaining that “lean cuts of meat and vegetables make for a delicious meat alternative.”
Mushroom-meat blended retail products were included in “‘hybrid’ meat products-” focused article on Just Foods. A blended combo helps in “maintaining the taste, texture and pleasure of meat [that] is critical for wider adoption so each product needed to be carefully balanced.”
In a recent radio piece entitled “Mushrooms, Demand and Labor” on AgInfo, David Sparks reported that while mushroom demand is high, supply is not keeping up due to lack of labor. He notes that “Mushrooms have to be carefully harvested by hand. Takes a lot of workers to do that. And we’ve heard farmers of all types of crops complaining that they can’t find enough people to work on the farms. So there’s a shortage on mushroom farms as well. On any given day, their labor force is 20 percent less than full.”
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- What Are the Health Benefits of Mushrooms for Runners? – Runner’s World
- Recipe: Turkey-Mushroom Blend Burgers – Manhattan Times
- Hearty, wholesome dishes to support immune systems – Williamsport Sun-Gazette (Williamsport, PA), Odessa American (Odessa, TX), Herald Standard (Uniontown, PA), Lansing City Pulse (Lansing, MI)
- The Best Mushrooms On Toast The Earth Has Ever Seen – ThatDudeCanCook
- Crispy Skillet Ravioli with Garlic-Butter Mushrooms – The Kitchn
- 5 Mushrooms and How To Use Them – Live Eat Learn
- 30+ Mushroom Recipes – The Creative Bite
- One-Pan Mushrooms with Noodles – One Green Planet
- Mushroom Demand and Labor – AgInfo
- What will attract consumers to ‘hybrid’ meat products? – Just Food
Popular posts this week included a new spicy maple portabella jerky recipe, as well as our spotlight of growers who love the new Jersey Mike’s mushroom sub.
- Impressions: 31,123
- Engagements: 1,042
- Reactions: 686
- Comments: 19
- Shares: 88
Share this recipe on your channels.
Engage with this Facebook post.
- Impressions: 10,202
- Engagements: 732
- Reactions: 452
- Comments: 16
- Shares: 15
Engage with these post on
Send us your Jersey Mike’s photos! Email Cristie at email@example.com.