Media Placements – 03/02/2022
Mushrooms in the News: 03-02-2022
Produce Marketing Guide named mushrooms a top 2022 food trend, noting “the fungus features the trend trifecta: eating to improve immune health, plant-based eating and sustainability.” Similarly, Produce Blue Book as well as Perishable News profiled mushrooms once again placing high atop food trend lists. “The New York Times recently named mushrooms the ‘Ingredient of the Year’ and an essential food for the plant-based movement. For similar reasons, MSNBC declared mushrooms a 2022 ‘Healthy Food Trend,’ while Delish named them to their ‘Top 12 Trends to Look Out for in 2022,’ suggesting they will continue to be featured in more recipes this year.”
On the foodservice front, Pizza Magazine spotlighted why mushrooms are the ideal topping for pizzas, focusing on handling while also touting its taste, blendability and sustainability.
Bon Appetit released a video this week highlighting 7 pro chefs and their essential grocery items. Mushrooms made the list due to their ease of use across a variety of cuisines. Health Magazine also released an article about how mushrooms can support mental health, citing the benefits of the antioxidant ergothioneine.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Mushrooms continue to trend as ‘Ingredient of the Year’ – Produce Blue Book
- Shrooms For Your Mood – Health Magazine
- A New Wave of Plant-Based Mexican Cooking – New York Times
- 7 Pro Chefs Reveal Their Essential Grocery Store Items – Bon Appetit
- Chinese Foods for Healthy Diabetes-Friendly Eating – Eating Well
- 5 Vegetables That Are Sneakily Packed With Plant-Based Protein – Well + Good
- Parisian Chicken With Mushroom Sauce & French Fries From Eric Wareheim – Food52
- Fried Enoki Mushrooms – Food52
- Shells with Sausage Bolognese – Women’s World
- Beef Stroganoff – Woman’s World
- Mushroom Rice with Turmeric – Chicago Tribune
- 28 One-Pot Dinners That Have Us Dreaming of Spring – Eating Well
- Mushroom Magic: What You Need to Know About This Fungal Fave – Pizza Magazine
- Food trends: 2022 will be quite … a year – Produce Marketing Guide
- Retail and Foodservice Experts Explain Why Mushrooms Continue to Trend as an “Ingredient of the Year” – Perishable News
- Vegan Polenta – The Kitchn
The top two posts this week included a variety spotlight for beech mushrooms and a share on the Council’s new recipe for a Mushroom Grazing Board with Mushroom Crostini.
- Impressions: 16,433
- Engagements: 1,638
- Reactions: 1,115
- Comments: 26
- Shares: 52
Engage with this post on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Impressions: 12,913
- Engagements: 1,141
- Reactions: 858
- Comments: 15
- Shares: 39
Engage with this post on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
The views and opinions in the article links included in this email are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the Mushroom Council.