Media Placements – 03/07/2022
Mushrooms in the News: 03-07-2022
The Washington Post partnered with Consumer Reports to release an article detailing the numerous health benefits that mushrooms offer. The article provides information on the various types, uses, and benefits of a few major mushroom varieties, as well as detailing the viability of mushrooms as a meat substitute. Consumer Reports also released an article detailing how the Blend can improve your burger.
EatWell 101 shared a tasty 5 Cheese Stuffed Mushroom recipe, while Good Housekeeping shared their take on Sauteed Mushrooms with Creamy Polenta. MindBodyGreen released a recipe that’s perfect for the newly vegetarian-friendly Whole30 diet, and Rachael Ray provided a Crab Egg Foo Yong recipe in a 30-minute meals feature.
In the trades, Supermarket Perimeter featured a large story on meat blends, featuring quotes from Mushroom Council consultants Anne-Marie Roerink and Mike Buononato about how mushrooms are the ideal and “original” blending partner to meat, with mushroom/meat blends outperforming full meat blends in taste tests. Roerink also notes that mushrooms are ideal for merchandising in retail because of similar storage dates with meat, and that mushrooms bring nutrition, flavor, immune-support and more to blended dishes.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Shedding light on how mushrooms are good for your health – The Washington Post
- ‘Shrooms for Your Burger – Consumer Reports on Health
- Why don’t mushrooms turn to mush when cooked? – MSN Lifestyle
- Baked Five Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms – EatWell 101
- Sauteed Mushrooms & Creamy Polenta – Good Housekeeping
- White Bean-Mushroom Meatballs With Pesto-Butternut Squash Noodles – MindBodyGreen
- Chicken, Sweet Potato & Broccoli Coconut Curry – Sheridan Road Magazine
- Crab Egg Foo Yong – Rachael Ray In Season
- Tortellini-Mushroom Soup – Real Simple
- Mushroom Chow Mein Recipe – Love Food
- Chicken and bacon pie recipe – Love Food
- Elevate onion soup with mushrooms, goat cheese and maybe some cognac – San Jose Mercury News
- Blends – Supermarket Perimeter
- Vegan Sweet Potato & Mushroom Chili – Chef Reilly Meehan
- Easy Short Rib and Mushroom Pizza – Inspired With A Twist
This week’s top posts included a nutrient spotlight for zinc and a recipe share for the Council’s Asian BBQ Sesame Salmon with Noodles & Veggies, both as part of the Feed Your Immune System campaign.
- Impressions: 20,565
- Engagements: 1,774
- Reactions: 1,027
- Comments: 18
- Shares: 94
- Impressions: 22,986
- Engagements: 987
- Reactions: 175
- Comments: 3
- Shares: 61
The views and opinions in the article links included in this email are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the Mushroom Council.