Media Placements – 02/21/2022
Mushrooms in the News: 02-21-2022
Top tier media last week took deeper dives into profiling mushroom varieties. Martha Stewart Living published a daily series of stories spotlighting four varieties: portabella, oyster, king trumpet and Lion’s Mane.. Parade Magazine also released a handy article for identifying and enjoying 20 varieties.
Newsweek shared a list of immune-boosting foods, with mushrooms making the list. Several other publications released mushroom recipes, including the Washington Post and their veggie pot pie, while Delish shared a slow cooker risotto.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Our 11 Best Portabella Mushroom Recipes – Martha Stewart Living
- All About the Amazing Oyster Mushroom – Martha Stewart Living
- What Does the King Oyster Mushroom Taste Like? – Martha Stewart Living
- Lion’s Mane Mushrooms Are a Great Substitute for Shellfish – Martha Stewart Living
- Broiled Salmon with Veggies and Scallion Rice – Martha Stewart Living
- 20 Different Types of Mushrooms To Try—And How to Use Them – Parade
- A little forethought puts a flaky pot pie within reach – Washington Post
- Immune Boosting Foods – Newsweek
- Mushroom Stew – LoveFood
- Speedy Surf ‘N Turf Gnocchi – Good Housekeeping
- This Slow Cooker Risotto Is Packed Full Of Mushrooms… And Tons Of Flavour – Delish
The top posts this week included a share for Blended Chorizo and Green Chile Queso from RD partner Cara Harbstreet, as well as a share of the Council’s Broiled Top Sirloin Steak with Sautéed Maitake and Shiitake Mushrooms recipe for Valentine’s Day.
- Impressions: 18,172
- Engagements: 1,357
- Reactions: 753
- Comments: 29
- Shares: 73
- Impressions: 11,147
- Engagements: 452
- Reactions: 230
- Comments: 6
- Shares: 36
The views and opinions in the article links included in this email are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the Mushroom Council.