Media Placements – 01/20/2021
Mushrooms in the News: 01-20-2021
TODAY Show expert contributor Nora Minno, RD shared her predictions for top trends in 2021. When asked about the top vegetable for this year, she explained that mushrooms are “going to be everywhere in 2021.”
Mushrooms were included in a roundup of healthy foods shared by Yahoo! last week. “Mushrooms are full of nutritional benefits and can make a great stand-in for meat in vegetarian dishes because of their complex, savory flavor and firm texture,” the article says. Additionally, there is a nod to the vitamin D and selenium content of mushrooms.
Lauren Manaker, MS, RDN explained the importance of vitamin D and how to boost your intake in an article on VeryWell Health. UV light-exposed mushrooms, especially portabella, white button and crimini, made the list; as well as The Blend as a way to add more nutrition to ground meat dishes.
Foodservice publication Plate touted mushrooms as the “main event in earthy recipes” in their “Recipes Weekly” e-newsletter, which features four mushroom-centric recipes.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Top trends in nutrition and fitness: Mushrooms, yoga and more – TODAY
- Here Are Some of The Healthiest Foods You Could Ever Eat – Yahoo!
- How to Boost Your Vitamin D Levels During Cold and Flu Season – VeryWell Health
- Stock Up on These 9 Healthy Foods to Boost Your Immune System – NBC New York
- Top 5 Health Trends of 2021 – U.S. News & World Report
- Eat to Reset Your Body – Prevention
- Party Starters – Cooking Light
- Mushroom “Carnitas” – Gimme Some Oven
- Portobello French Dip with Horseradish Aioli – Pinch of Yum
- Balsamic Mushroom Fontina Pizza – Half Baked Harvest
- Miso Mushroom Bowl – Feasting at Home
- Pennsylvania Farm Show food recipes, cooking segments – WGAL (Harrisburg, PA)
- Winsight Live: Masks, Diversity and Food Trends – Winsight Grocery Business
- Mushrooms Are the Main Event in These Earthy Recipes – Plate
Top posts this week included a recipe roundup of mushroom soup recipes for National Soup Month, as well as a poll asking fans which vitamins and nutrients found in mushrooms they look for (120 votes for vitamin D, 14 votes for vitamin B6).
- Impressions: 6,516
- Engagements: 694
- Reactions: 330
- Comments: 12
- Shares: 96
- Impressions: 5,812
- Engagements: 242
- Reactions: 144
- Comments: 13
- Shares: 22