Media Placements – 01/11/2021
Mushrooms in the News: 01-11-2021
The Wall Street Journal suggested 50/50 Mushroom-Beef Burgers “for those not ready for a fully plant-based diet.” WSJ’s burger recipe helps home cooks find a “wholesome balance between meat and veg,” while providing an umami-rich dinner option.
Huffington Post mentioned mushrooms and mushroom products in a trends list for 2021. “Vitamin-rich mushrooms have long been valued for their health benefits, which is why products such as Om Mushroom Broth, Pan’s mushroom jerky and Four Sigmatic mushroom-enhanced coffee have also sprung up,” the article explains.
Lauren Manaker, MS, RDN included blended burgers in a roundup of healthy dinner ideas, recommending that “if a hamburger is what you crave, sneak in some extra antioxidants and fiber by making a blended burger.”
The Council’s latest release detailing how mushrooms fit into the new 2020-25 Dietary Guidelines was shared by the trades, including The Packer, Perishable News and The Produce News.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Don’t Want To Go (Entirely) Meatless? Try These Recipes – The Wall Street Journal
- All The New Food And Drink You Can Look Forward To In 2021 – Huffington Post
- 23 Best Healthy Dinner Ideas, Recommended by Dietitians – Eat This, Not That!
- Tips for sustainable grocery shopping – Salon
- Make your own Farm Show favorites at home – The Sentinel (Carlisle, PA)
- Turkey Sloppy Joe (Paleo, AIP, Whole30) – Unbound Wellness
- Consider Eating This One Food Every Day – Eat This, Not That!
- Mushrooms Are Considered to Be the Most Sustainable Vegetable – Here’s Why – Green Matters
- Pasta with Mushrooms and Cashew Cream – Bon Appétit
- Signs that your oyster mushrooms have gone bad – Mashed
- Mushroom Risotto – The Spruce Eats
- Mushrooms Blend Perfectly into New Dietary Guidelines – Perishable News, The Produce News
- Nutrient-dense mushrooms help satisfy dietary guidelines – The Packer
The most popular posts from the past week were a look back at 2020’s most popular recipes and blogs, as well as a kick-off to 2021’s “Feed Your Immune System” campaign.
- Impressions: 3,792
- Engagements: 272
- Reactions: 122
- Comments: 6
- Shares: 30
- Impressions: 2,101
- Engagements: 56
- Reactions: 35
- Comments: 1
- Shares: 8