Get Social – Share These Media Placements
Mushrooms in the News: 12-08-17
This week, Catherine Borkowski (Chicago-based dietitian who attended our FNCE cocktail reception) included mushrooms and The Blend in a roundup of “Five Food Trends You’ll See in 2018” on A Sweat Life.
Rutgers Today and The Star-Ledger spotlighted Rutgers University’s BBPU entry, the Sizzling Scarlet Knight Burger noting that “Students benefit from blended burgers because they are delicious while having a lot less fat, and, at the same time, they are much better for the environment, which benefits all of us,’’ said Joe Charette, executive director of Dining Services. The Star-Ledger even embedded a video in the article, calling out The Blend as a way to increase vegetable consumption, as part of the Menus of Change Collaborative.
In other news, Bon Appetit posted “These Are the Types of Mushrooms You Need to Know About” and included information and cooking tips on seven popular mushroom varieties.
- Five Food Trends You’ll See in 2018 – A Sweat Life
- The Texas Bucket List (Spotlights the Orchard Lounge) – Aired on seven CBS & ABC stations
- Sizzling Scarlet Knight Burger Could Put Rutgers on the Culinary Map – Rutgers Today
- Has Rutgers created the best-tasting ‘healthy’ burger? Cast your vote. – The Star-Ledger
- Mushroom and Pork Meatballs – Cooking and My Family
Recipes and Other News
- These Are the Types of Mushrooms You Need to Know About – Bon Appetit
- Oyster Mushroom Steaks with Miso Gravy – One Green Planet
- ‘Shroom for improvement – Chicago Tribune
- 19 Healthy Mushroom Recipes That Put the Fun in Fungi – Bon Appetit
NOTEWORTHY SOCIAL/DIGITAL ACTIVITY
Most Popular Social Posts
MC Facebook: All other sandwiches will fall short of expectations after biting into Q39’s Short Rib Griller.
- 86 Reactions
- 6,112 Reached
Blenditarian Facebook: The Blended Burger Project™ Campus Edition is nearing its end and we invited Chef Ian Keith, Rutgers University Dining Services, Rutgers University to tell us a little about himself and what inspired his Blended Burger. ? http://bit.ly/2zSzEGX
- 2 Reactions
- 17 Reached
- 58,834 Reached
- 52 Responses, Clicks, Retweets
Blenditarian Twitter: The Blended Burger Project™ Campus Edition is nearing its end and we invited Chef Ian Keith, @RutgersDining, @RutgersU to tell us a little about himself and what inspired his #BlendedBurger. ? https://t.co/gepOi57aldhttps://t.co/fpdfVncpdg
- 2,801 Reached
- 3 Responses, Clicks, Retweets
- 72 Likes
Blenditarian Instagram: This bacon honey bourbon and chicken meatball recipe ? had us at bacon. ?? #theblend
- 50 Likes