Get Social – Share These Media Placements
Mushrooms in the News: 09-08-17
It has been an exciting week for mushroom media coverage as Mushroom Month ramps up.
We coordinated a mushroom farm tour with the food editor of Martha Stewart, Laura Rege, several months back, and the article came to fruition this week. Rege recounted her experience at the mushroom farm and spotlighted the unique growing process. She even gave a nod to our Mushroom Month Campaign, the ‘Shroom Cam!
Three local outlets in Pennsylvania posted articles on The Mushroom Festival, specifically calling out the Blended Burger demos. (If you’re in Kennett, be sure to pop by the culinary tent from 1 – 3 p.m. for a blended burger!)
Last but not least, Food Network host and Associated Press contributor Melissa D’Arabian created a blended meatball recipe that has been picked up by more than 40 outlets.
- Sorry, Grandma, I’m tweaking your spaghetti and meatballs – Associated Press (reposted in 40+ outlets including Washington Post)
- Mushroom Festival: bigger and better than ever for 2017 – The Coatesville Times
- Mushroom Festival: bigger and better than ever for 2017 – The Unionville Times
- Aimee Olexy’s guide to Mushroom Festival in Kennett Square – The Inquirer Daily News (Philly.com)
- The Mushroom Council Participates in 77th Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, Introduces New Phase of Blended Burger Project – AndNowUKnow Produce Industry News
Recipes and Other News
- Out and About With a Food Editor — to the Mushroom Farm! – MarthaStewart.com
- Chicken and Mushroom Quesadillas with Carrot and Mango Slaw – Epicurious
NOTEWORTHY SOCIAL/DIGITAL ACTIVITY
Most Popular Social Posts
Most Popular Social Posts
MC Facebook: These stuffed mushrooms make a great appetizer or snack, but they can also be paired with a salad for a filling vegetarian meal!
- 458 Reactions
- 36,546 Reached
Blenditarian Facebook: It’s time to get schooled! Introducing #BlendedBurgerProject Campus Edition: a contest open exclusively to chefs at U.S. colleges and universities! Students: Get your burger on at your local dining hall (check to see if yours is participating) and then VOTE! It’s a battle of the campuses! ? Vote ? https://www.jamesbeard.org/bbpcampus
- 1 Reactions
- 49,248 Reached
- 68,285 Reached
- 16 Responses, Clicks, Retweets
- 399 Reached
- 4 Responses, Clicks, Retweets
MC Instagram: These stuffed mushrooms ? make a great starter or party snack, but they can also be paired with a salad for a filling vegetarian meal. ? A mix of olives and onions with a bit of hummus make up the flavorful stuffing. ? It’s used to fill mushrooms that are baked until tender and then finished with a sprinkle of feta cheese. ?
- 119 Views
- 12 Likes