Get Social – Share These Media Placements
Mushrooms in the News: 05-26-17
As the Blended Burger Project nears its kick-off, we are earning an array of large regional features in markets that held launch events as well as other cities with a high-concentration of participating restaurants:
- Good Day Sacramento featured a live segment the morning after the kick-off event featuring the host chef as well as Bob Murphy sporting his Blenditarian shirt
- The Louisville Courier Journal featured a two-page overview spotlighting participating chefs and extensive comments from a local meat producer calling out The Blend as the future of meat.
- The Packer – based in Kansas City – spotlighted its local kick-off, quoting John Hawkins, executive chef for retail and residential dining at the University of Kansas: “I think the whole blended burger concept (is) a great thing,” he said. “We’re going to sample it to students.”
- Beyond launch markets, Portland area chefs, including BBP NYC kick-off host chef Greg Denton/SuperBite, were on Missy Maki / KPAM radio segment talking about their burgers and previewing BBP.
- The Atlanta Journal Constitution and Buffalo News previewed their local markets, calling out the competitive aspect.
- Even last year’s winners had a feature, with the Melbourne, Fla., daily spotlighting 2016 finalist and returning participant Cedar’s Cafe.
- On the social side, the National Burger Month Promotion Quiz (Which Blended Burger Should You Be Eating Right Now?) continues to drive buzz and engagement on blenditarian.com. The quiz has been taken nearly 900 times.
Links and additional coverage follows.
- Blended Burger Project – Good Day Sacramento (segment preview/video link)
- Would you try a ‘blended burger’ made with mushrooms? – Louisville Courier-Journal (also in print)
- In search for a better burger – Atlanta Journal Constitution
- Blended Burger Project Event in KC draws crowd – The Packer
- Burger Month and the Blended Burger Project – Simple Kitchen / KPAM Radio
- Restaurants offer burgers with mushroom-beef synergy – The Buffalo News
- Louisville Chefs Want You To Try Their Blended Burger – Louisville Courier-Journal
- Cedar’s Cafe Tries for Second Blended Burger Award – Florida Today (Melbourne)
- Burger battle: Chefs fight for the best mushroom blend Thursday – Montgomery (Ala.) Advertiser (Part of USA Today Network)
- Try an Atlanta Chef’s ‘Blended Burger’ – and Vote! – The Daily Meal
- 3 Kansas City Chefs Participate in This Year’s James Beard Blended Burger Project – Feastmagazine.com
- Produce Department Has 60% Sale Increase From Launch Of The Blend – PerishableNews.com
- Oklahoma Retailer Sees Surge in Mushroom Sales Due to The Blend – The Produce News
- Mushroom Council announces research funding opportunity – PerishableNews.com
Mushroom Nutrition, Recipes and Other News
- Mushroom Toast – St. Louis Post Dispatch
- Sun-Dried Tomato and Mushroom Bolognese Pasta – One Green Planet
NOTEWORTHY SOCIAL/ DIGITAL ACTIVITY
Most Popular Mushroom Channel Social Posts
- 818 Reactions + Comments
- 17,2882 Reached
- 1 Reactions (responses, clicks, retweets)
- 557,141 Reached
- 75 Likes
This week’s keywords used in conjunction with #blenditarian content include: