Get Social – Share These Media Placements
Mushrooms in the News: 05-19-17
We’re starting to see more Blended Burger Project coverage as chefs start to sign-up. Here are a few key coverage highlights:
- Boston Herald contributor Kerry Stanton wrote a piece about The Blend/BBP in the Boston Herald (print and online) stemming from the Boston BBP event, adding how this concept also carries into K-12 schools.
- Insider Louisville and Eat, Drink, Talk (Louisville) also featured the BBP, with a focus on the sustainability study findings. The former story was also a headline article in CIA’s weekly ProChef SmartBrief newsletter.
- Chef Mike Rakun of Mercy (formerly Marin in Minneapolis), who will be serving his “Mushroom Lucy” blended burger this weekend at the Twin Cities Burger Battle, was featured on Twin Cities Live talking about the event and demoing his blended burger.
In addition to BBP-related coverage, Registered Dietitian Natalie Rizzo highlighted mushrooms’ superfood qualities in Women’s Running and Christy Hinko of Long Island Weekly noted the versatility and sustainability of mushrooms, noting how “mushrooms one of the top selling produce items in America.” The Packer and Fresh Plaza both covered how Doc’s Food Stores saw a 60 percent increase in mushrooms after introducing The Blend across their stores’ produce, deli and meat departments.
The National Burger Month Promotion Quiz (Which Blended Burger Should You Be Eating Right Now?) continues to drive buzz and engagement on blenditarian.com. The quiz has been taken 825+ times.
- Chefs adopt tasty, more sustainable meat-and-mushroom patties – Boston Herald (also in print: Flipping Burgers).
- Local Chefs Join in on National Blended Burger Project – Eat, Drink, Talk
- The magic of mushrooms: Louisville chefs get behind James Beard Foundation’s Blended Burger Project – Insider Louisville (also a headline article in CIA’s weekly ProChef SmartBrief newsletter)
- Twin Cities Burger Battle – Twin Cities Live (Broadcast)
- Blended Burger Contest – Bestfood.com
- At a New Orleans culinary battle, three BR chefs come out on top – The Advocate
- Your 5-minute guide to the best things to do in Charlotte – Charlotte Observer (Culinary Fight Club Blended Burger Battle mention)
- UCCS Food service betting they have the best blended burger – Colorado Gazette
- In-store blending leads to 60% mushroom sales increase – The Packer
- Produce department sees 60 percent sales increase in fresh mushrooms – Fresh Plaza
- 38th Mushroom Mardi Gras set for Memorial Day Weekend – The Morgan Hill Times
- Mushroom Masters – South Valley
Mushroom Nutrition, Recipes and Other News
- Mushrooms: The Magnificent Fungi – Long Island Weekly
- Mushrooms Are The New Superfood – Here’s How To Eat More – Women’s Running
- Mushroom and Chickpea Noodle Casserole – The Chew (ABC)
NOTEWORTHY SOCIAL/ DIGITAL ACTIVITY
Most Popular Mushroom Channel Social Posts
- 657 Reactions + Comments
- 21,852 Reached
- 24 Reactions (responses, clicks, retweets)
- 595,946 Reached
- 155 Views
This week’s keywords used in conjunction with #blenditarian content include: