Monthly Shipping and Marketing Report | August 2019
Upcoming Webinar: Quarterly Marketing Book and Q4 Marketing Materials:
Sign up now for this webinar as we provide an overview of the updated marketing book, review the previously presented Mushroom Month marketing assets and look ahead to planned marketing materials for Q4.
Please register for Mushroom Council Marketing Webinar – Q3 Marketing Book Updates / Q4 Marketing Materials Overview on Aug 9, 2019 12:00 PM PDT at:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar
The next meeting of the Council will take place on September 5-6 at the Hilton Garden Inn, Kennett Square, PA from 8:00am-3:00pm. If you are interested in attending, please let us know so we can make sure you are properly accommodated.
Save the Date:
Annual Industry Market Review Meeting
Join us for the ALL MEMBER Annual Mushroom Industry Market Review
The Industry Market Review will take place on Thursday, September 5, 2019, from 4:30pm – 6:15pm at the Italian American Club located at 30 Ways Lane in Kennett Square, PA there will be an option to view the taping of the session on-line.
Come taste what kids are enjoying in schools across the US and meet the Supermarket Guru himself…and CEO of the Retail Dieticians Business Alliance, Phil Lempert.
Please click this link to register for this event and to share any questions, suggestions, or concerns you would like to be part of the Q&A and discussion” session following our Council marketing review and industry forecast and strategic review.
What to expect from this review?
- Dr. Lang revised the forecast downward for this year. What has actually transpired?
- Are shipments alone a good measure of “demand?
- Phil Lempert, The Supermarket Guru from The Today Show
- And most important, what questions and comments do YOU have that YOUR Council representatives and marketing team can address? For example, “Is the plant-based burger hype a blessing or a curse?”
4:30pm – 5:00pm – Light Reception
5:00pm – 6:15pm
- Mushroom Council Marketing Update
- Forecast and strategic review
- Industry/Council Engagement
The Month Ahead
- The theme for social media in August is “Easy Dinners with Mushrooms.” Find sample content here and graphics here.
Highlights from June
- The Mushroom Council and Beef Checkoff are partnering for the 5th Annual Veal Summer Grilling Promotion. The on-pack sweepstakes runs from July 15 – September 3. Learn more and enter to win here.
- The fifth annual Blended Burger Project officially closed on July 31 and 430+ restaurants participated in all 50 states + Washington D.C.! Stay tuned for the winner announcement.
- We announced the winner of the first-ever Blended Burger Project: Home Edition, which received 380+ entries! Read about the winning burger here and check out the creative entries here.
Tracker Highlights – Period ending 05/19/2019
Spotlight – Notable and Newsworthy
- In the 4-weeks – Specialty and value added mushrooms show significant sales gains
- In the 52-weeks – Mushroom category growth rate outpaced Total Produce
*IRI/FreshLook Data provided by Fusion Marketing