Media Placements – 12/26/2022
Mushrooms in the News: 12-26-2022
This week’s media was full of mushroom mentions, covering trends, nutrition, and recipes. Eater named mushrooms as one of its top trends for 2022. Scary Mommy included mushrooms on their list of tips to stretch food further, citing The Blend as a great opportunity to make your groceries last.
The Washington Post shared two recipes for mushrooms, one for tamales and one for a lentil and mushroom bolognese sauce. Elizabeth Heiskell from the Today Show shared stuffed mushrooms as one of her favorite holiday snacks. Mashed also shared a few ways to use leftover mushroom stems instead of throwing them away.
Media + Social Digital Highlights
- 11 Expert Tips For Stretching Food Further When Your Budget Is Tight – Scary Mommy
- In 2022, Mushrooms Cured What Ailed Us – Eater
- Mushroom tamales with smoky tomatillo salsa are a vegetarian delight – The Washington Post
- Are Shiitake Mushrooms Good For You? – Health Digest
- Sandwich Chic – Cook’s Illustrated
- Mushroom and Lentil Bolognese – the Washington Post
- Stop Wasting Your Mushroom Stems – Mashed
- Mushroom Steakhouse Burger will be on the menu at 2023 Pennsylvania Farm Show – Fox 43 (Harrisburg, PA)
- 12 Comforting Mushroom Pasta Recipes Ready in 35 Minutes – Eating Well
- Elizabeth Heiskell’s simple holiday snacks: Spiced pecans, baked brie and stuffed mushrooms – Today
- 24 Creamy Pasta Recipes for When You Need a Big Hug – Eating Well
- Simple swaps to make your favourite foods healthier – LoveFood
- The 30 Absolute Best Ingredients To Elevate Salads – Tasting Table
- These delicious foods can help you ward off viruses – Mediafeed
- The 5 Most Popular Mushroom Recipes of 2022 – Perishable News
- How did consumers use this year’s ‘it’ produce item? – The Packer
- How did consumers use this year’s ‘it’ produce item? – Produce Market Guide
MUSHROOM COUNCIL SOCIAL/DIGITAL
This week’s top posts included two of our “12 Days of Mushrooms” content, namely posts celebrating days 5 and 7!
- Impressions: 8,162
- Engagements: 537
- Comments: 1
- Shares: 25
- Impressions: 6,307
- Engagements: 404
- Comments: 16
- Shares: 9
The views and opinions in the article links included in this email are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the Mushroom Council.