Media Placements – 12/07/2020
Mushrooms in the News: 12-07-2020
White button mushrooms were included in a roundup of 20 veggies that can provide protein. In the article, originally published on Prevention and shared by MSN, notes that “All mushrooms, from shiitake to oyster, have […] protein in them. But white mushrooms have the most—and they happen to be some of the most ubiquitous.”
The Council’s recent trends release was picked up by FreshPlaza last week.
Foodservice Director explained that “chefs are exploring more umami applications, both to intensify the flavors of those ever-popular comfort foods and introduce consumers to new ingredients.” In the upcoming year, new mushroom varieties are expected to make their way onto menus, according to the outlet’s trends article.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- The Top 20 Vegetables That Actually Pack Tons of Protein – Prevention, MSN
- Yes, You Can Get Enough Protein from a Plant-Based Diet – Nutritionists Say These are the 40 Best Plant-Based Protein Sources – Parade
- 7 Foods to Support Your Immune System, According to Dietitians – Eat This, Not That!
- Mushroom White Pizza – Real Simple
- Portobello Mushroom Mac and Cheese – Dad with a Pan
- Chicken and Mushroom Pie – Creme de la Crumb
- Fresh mushroom demand is up and expect to stay up in 2021 – FreshPlaza
- The top flavors driving menus in 2021 – Foodservice Director
Top social posts this week included a mushroom stroganoff recipe share from Half Baked Harvest (a well followed influencer who loves cooking with mushrooms), as well as the “Home Cooking for the Holidays” graphic created for the month of December featuring easy mushroom soup.
- Impressions: 13,283
- Engagements: 1,321
- Reactions: 561
- Comments: 81
- Shares: 209
- Impressions: 4,251
- Engagements: 412
- Reactions: 194
- Comments: 16
- Shares: 9