Media Placements – 10/30/19
Mushrooms in the News: 10-30-19
The Whole Foods 2020 food trends list, which features The Blend, continues to garner coverage in outlets such as Chowhound.
Prevention included mushrooms in a roundup of ‘The 50 Best Foods for Weight Loss’ and links to the research the Council promoted in 2017.
Foodservice Director highlighted a handful of dishes created at Indiana University during the Big Ten Conference Chefs’ Summit, including blended mushroom turkey nachos by John Gray, senior executive chef at University of Maryland.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- What We’ll All Be Eating Next Year (According to Whole Foods) – Chowhound
- Whole Foods’ Trends List Shows Food Options are Expanding – Home Furnishings News
- The Magic of Mushrooms – Shape (print)
- Epcot Food and Wine Festival Favorite Foods – RD Tip of the Day
- What To Eat At Epcot Food & Wine Festival During run Disney Wine & Dine Weekend! – Half Crazy Mama
- 50 Best Foods For Weight Loss, According to Dietitians and Doctors – Prevention
- The Best Way to Store Mushrooms to Make them Last Longer – Pop Sugar
- 7 Mouthwatering, Easy-To-Make Mushroom Recipes – Real Simple
NOTEWORTHY SOCIAL/DIGITAL ACTIVITY
Top social posts for the week included:
- (Twitter) #FungiFact: Mushrooms double in size every single day!
- 15,740 reached
- 276 engagements
- (Facebook) New recipe alert from OG blended burger creator Richard Blais. Heading to StarChefs Congress? Try the burger at our booth on Oct. 27! Recipe: http://bit.ly/32ou4KJ
- 14,990 impressions
- 951 engagements
- (Instagram) Make homemade soup without all the fuss. This Easy Mushroom Soup recipe keeps the ingredient list and instructions simple!
- 1,871 impressions
- 174 engagements