Monthly Shipping and Marketing Report | November 2019
November 1, 2019
Open Positions on the Council:
- Ballots were tallied and background forms have been completed by the nominees and the nomination package has been submitted to the Secretary of Agriculture for appointment.
- The next Council meeting will take place on February 20, 2020 in Scottsdale, AZ. If you would like to attend, please reach out to Cheryl@mushroomcouncil.org.
The Month Ahead
- The theme for social media in November is “Why we’re thankful for mushrooms.”
Highlights from September
- The Mushroom Council is a sponsor of JBF’s Taste America event series and ended 2019 with events in Seattle on October 3 and Philly on October 30. See Seattle photos here and stay tuned for photos from Philly.
- The five Blended Burger Project™ winners celebrated their success and cooked their burgers at the James Beard House in NYC on October 23 for a special event. Get a behind the scenes look at this exclusive event here.
- B. Good launched its new “Flexitarian” menu which includes a Turkey Medley Blended Burger. If you live near a B. Good location, make sure to visit or encourage your customers/followers to check the new Turkey Medley blended burger!
- October 12 was National Farmers Day, giving Mushroom Council a chance to spotlight a few of the people who help bring us mushrooms – resulting in some of our most popular and engaging content of the month. If you would like to be featured as a mushroom grower in the coming months, please reach out to Heather (email@example.com). Please give your follow growers some love, and check out the posts below:
Click here to enlarge
Tracker Highlights – Period ending 07/14/2019
Spotlight – Notable and Newsworthy
- In the 4-weeks – Organic mushrooms showed significant dollar sales growth (+7.2%)
- In the 52-weeks – Organic mushrooms drove 100% of volume gains and 48% of dollar gains
*IRI/FreshLook Data provided by Fusion Marketing