Media Placements – 10/18/2021
Mushrooms in the News: 10-18-202
The New York Times kicked off its Mushroom Week, showcasing the versatility of fungi through healthy recipes, nutrition tips, and mushroom 101/best practices. Throughout the week, NYT shared various mushroom-themed articles.
Forbes released an article touting the success of Smallhold, a mushroom grower from New York that is poised to continue their success as they grow their footprint across the continental U.S.. Investors are betting that consumer trends in favor of supporting local supply chains, climate-friendly meatless eating and upcycling from industrial waste streams will all converge in the mushroom industry and, specifically, in startups like Smallhold.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Welcome to Mushroom Week – New York Times
- An Alternative to Meat – Cancer Today
- Immune Boosting Mushrooms used 3 Ways – Healthline
- Mushroom consumption may lower risk of depression – Penn State News
- 20 Foods High in Choline for Plant-Based and Meat-Eaters Alike – Livestrong
- Meaty Mushrooms Turn a Salad into a Meal – Forbes
- Mushroom Pizza with Goat Cheese – Parade Magazine
- Mushroom-Stuffed Phyllo Cups – Southern Living
- Cheesy Mushroom Frittata – Kitchn
- Mushroom Stroganoff – Epicurious
- Leep Foods is a leap of faith in mushrooms – Rochester Business Journal
- Mushroom Boom Leads Brooklyn Grower To Plant Its Organic Farms In The West – Forbes
Vegetarian recipe shares were among the top performing content on the Council’s social media this week, with Creamy Spinach, Mushroom & Lasagna Soup and Crispy Baked Parmesan Mushroom Bites being the top two posts.
- Impressions: 27,189
- Engagements: 1,506
- Reactions: 376
- Comments: 33
- Shares: 131
Engage with this post on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Impressions: 15,102
- Engagements: 1,174
- Reactions: 319
- Comments: 11
- Shares: 142
Engage with this post on Facebook and Instagram.
The views and opinions in the article links included in this email are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the Mushroom Council.