Media Placements – 09/06/2022
Mushrooms in the News: 09-06-2022
Mushrooms continue to be positioned as the answer to helping shoppers stretch their grocery budget. A large syndicated feature story this week under the title, “A Savory Solution to Stretch Your Grocery Budget,” notes: “Easy ways to stretch your grocery budget, like using versatile ingredients, can make the checkout experience a little less impactful on your household’s finances. Consider the benefits of mushrooms, which provide a delicious option to enhance flavor in favorite recipes while extending portions in an affordable way.” The article to date has run in 750+ outlets including the Boston Herald, (Minneapolis) Star Tribune and Arizona Republic.
On the trade front, Joe Watson at IFPA recently suggested stretching meat budgets with mushrooms in IFPA’s monthly produce sales report, authored by Anne-Marie Roerink. Produce Blue Book, Fresh Plaza and Produce News were among the trades covering the report.
With fall approaching, mushrooms are also being featured heavily on autumn-centric recipe lists. Experience Life shared ways mushrooms can help step up your fall sandwich game, while Food & Wine included mushrooms in their seasonal hits. Eat This, Not That! shared a gallery of non-traditional burger recipes which included two that featured mushrooms. Espresso included mushroom varieties on their list of 2022 food trends, while Gourmandize shared their favorite mushroom recipes via their guide to fall produce.
Nutrition was also a big focus this week, with Good Housekeping including mushrooms as one of their top low-carb foods and the Tasting Table shared a useful article detailing the various differences between portabella and crimini mushrooms.
Media + Social Digital Highlights
- “A Savory Way to Stretch Your Grocery Budget” – Boston Herald, (Minneapolis) Star Tribune and 750+ outlets
- 15 Low-Carb Vegetables Nutritionists Love – Good Housekeeping
- Step Up Your Sandwich – Experience Life
- Chicken Fajita Pasta – Pioneer Woman
- Chicken Marsala Meatballs with Polenta – Pioneer Woman
- Seasonal Hits – Food & Wine
- Worthless food advice you should definitely ignore – LoveFOOD
- 19 Mind-Blowing Ways To Use Cauliflower Rice – Delish
- Food trends to watch in 2022 – Espresso
- 13 Non-basic Burger Recipes to Spice up Your Labor Day BBQ – Eat This, Not That!
- The Ultimate Guide to Fall Produce: What’s in Season & How to Cook with It – Gourmandize
- Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Quiche – Sizzling Eats
- Favorite Marinated Mushrooms – Taste of Home
- Portobello Mushrooms Vs. Cremini: What’s The Difference? – Tasting Table
- How to Cut Mushrooms: A Step-by-Step Guide – Everyday Health
- K-12 Menus take Plant-Forward Eating Back to Basics – Restaurant Business
- Consumers careful about grocery spending amid high inflation – Produce Blue Book
MUSHROOM COUNCIL SOCIAL/DIGITAL
This week’s top posts included a link to the Mushroom Council’s BTS blog, as well as a sheet pan recipe.
- Impressions: 3,115
- Engagements: 56
- Reactions: 37
- Comments: 0
- Shares: 3
- Impressions: 2,342
- Engagements: 166
- Reactions: 153
- Comments: 2
- Shares: 0
The views and opinions in the article links included in this email are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the Mushroom Council.