Media Placements – 07/24/19
Mushrooms in the News: 6-24-19
Updating this week’s coverage report to add a link to a few dozen recent TV and radio stories featuring trends in school nutrition. Mushrooms were highlighted in several of the clips! Here’s the full report (see clip 32 as an example):
With only one week left for BBP, local markets are continuing to make a final push to encourage voting. Long-time blenditarian and BBP participant Chef Amir Hajimaleki’s Umami Melt burger was featured in Austin Food Magazine. Other local markets included Alabama, Mississippi and Minnesota.
Oxygen Magazine features an in-depth, two-page spread spotlighting mushrooms from myriad angles – spotlighting it being a “not so new food” topping trend lists, providing varietal details bolstered with R.D. quotes, and ending with an overview and recipe for blending inspired by Mushroom Council (“Turkey and Mushroom Stuffed Sweet Potatoes”).
Staff of The Takeout experimented by blending Beyond Burger patties with beef and came to the conclusion that “Beyond Burger costs $8 for a pack of two at my supermarket, so it makes no financial sense to blend it with beef to supposedly improve the flavor (The more cost-efficient—and delicious—way, is to blend ground beef with chopped mushrooms, which reduces the fat without sacrificing flavor.)”
Share these headlines and social highlights from July 18 – July 24 with your networks.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- District Kitchen vies for JBF’s Blended Burger Project – Austin Food Magazine
- BBP Participant, Vintage Year – Alabama News Rising
- Wary about seafood? Try the award-winning Landmass Burger – Lawrence County Press (MIssissippi)
- Cooking with WCCO: Red Stag Supperclub & Blended Burger Project – WCCO Minnesota
- Magic Mushrooms – Oxygen Magazine
- What if we blended a Beyond Burger… with beef? – The Takeout
- Mushroom Swiss Burger – Love & Zest
- Beans add twist to blended burger trend – Food Business News
- Easy Mini Apple Burgers – Snacking in Sneakers
- This company specializes in meat – and enables reduced meat consumption – Newhope.com
- Recipes Using Mushrooms to Avoid Cognitive Decline – One Green Planet
- MuANC St. Louis 2019 School Nutrition Trends with Chef Brenda Wattles – numerous stations
NOTEWORTHY SOCIAL/DIGITAL ACTIVITY
Bush’s Beans is promoting blended burgers! The brand sponsored this blog post for a Mushroom Swiss (Blended) Burger served with a side of baked beans.
Amplify the mushroom-beef blended burger recipe and tag Bush’s Beans: