Media Placements – 05/09/2022
Mushrooms in the News: 05-09-2022
Jersey Mike’s permanently added the Grilled Portabella Mushroom and Swiss sandwich to their menu, which originally debuted as a limited time offer in February 2021. “Our customers loved the Grilled Portabella Mushroom and Swiss Sub from day one,” says Michael Manzo, COO, Jersey Mike’s Subs. The announcement was covered by QSR, PMG, Perishable News, Produce Blue Book, and the Packer.
The Wall Street Journal shared a recipe that combines the standard stuffed mushroom ingredients with maitake mushrooms and a vinaigrette made with soppressata salami. The recipe was developed by chef Melissa Rodrigue, a frequent contributor to the Wall Street Journal’s recipe series “Slow Food Fast”.
Chef Spike Mendelsohn spoke about the versatility of mushrooms for creating craveable, plant-forward dishes during the Global Plant-Forward Culinary Summit last month at the Culinary Institute of America in Napa, Calif. Mendelsohn covered his journey to creating a vegan burger, as well as the ways that he has incorporated mushrooms into his restaurant PLNT Burger’s menu.
- This Grilled Mushroom Recipe Uses a Tiny Bit of Meat and Makes It Count – Wall Street Journal
- Onion Bombers (made with The Blend™) – Lifestyle Live! (WISH-IN, Indianapolis)
- Why You Should Make Portobello Mushrooms In Your Air Fryer – Mashed
- All mushrooms are magic – Nutritional Outlook
- Cheese-stuffed roasted mushrooms – MSN
- Is fermented mushroom the most sustainable meat substitute? – EuroNews
- Should You Remove the Gills From Your Portobello Mushrooms? – Lifehacker
- Jersey Mike’s Grilled Portabella Mushroom and Swiss Sub Joins Permanent Menu – QSR
- Jersey Mike’s adds portabella sub to menu; The Mushroom Council rejoices – PMG
- Jersey Mike’s Adds Grilled Portabella Mushroom and Swiss Sub to Permanent Menu Board – Perishable News
- Mushrooms on permanent menu at Jersey Mike’s Subs – Produce Blue Book
- Jersey Mike’s adds portabella sub to menu; The Mushroom Council rejoices – The Packer
- Chef Spike Mendelsohn on the magic of mushrooms for plant-forward cooking – Restaurant Smartbrief
- A Conversation With Becca McIntyre – Flavor & The Menu
This week’s top posts included a Steak au Poivre recipe from the Kitchn, as well as a post sharing that mushrooms are the only source of vitamin D in the produce aisle.
- Impressions: 15,677
- Engagements: 983
- Reactions: 512
- Comments: 33
- Shares: 59
- Impressions: 4,073
- Engagements: 105
- Reactions: 88
- Comments: 0
- Shares: 6
The views and opinions in the article links included in this email are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the Mushroom Council.