Media Placements – 05/02/2022
Mushrooms in the News: 05-02-2022
Mushrooms are the star of Bon Appetit’s May issue, as they spotlight mushrooms in multiple sections. The main article, “A ‘Shroom of One’s Own”, focuses on storage/prep best practices, recipes for each daypart, as well as pairings based on the most popular mushroom varieties. Its sub-headline declares “mushrooms are among the most efficiently produced foods in the United States,” and the introductory paragraph leads with mushroom sustainability info. The editor’s letter in the issue also calls out mushrooms for their sustainability.
Good Morning America spotlighted Mushroom Council’s Earth Month partnership with Kittch, including a recipe from participating chef Derek Sarno. For Earth Day, Fox31 in Denver spotlighted mushrooms for sustainable eating, with the guest RD declaring mushrooms the “official ingredient for Earth Day.” Similarly, on the foodservice trade front, Catersource spotlighted mushroom recipes for the day, many from our participating Kittch chefs, and also declared “Official Ingredient for Earth Month” in its headline.
Men’s Health shared health tips on 11 varieties, featuring quotes from Pam Smith, while Consumer Reports released a detailed profile of the Lion’s Mane mushroom. Good Company, a show on WKYC-NBC, shared a recipe for a blended burger and also mentioned the upcoming Food Network & Mushroom Council Blended Burger Project contest.
- A ‘Shroom of One’s Own – Bon Appetit
- 11 Mushrooms Dietitians Wish You’d Eat More Of – Men’s Health
- Lion’s Mane: The Mushroom of the Moment – Consumer Reports
- Lion’s Mane: The Mushroom of the Moment – Yahoo! News
- Blended Smash Burger – Good Company (WKYC-NBC, Cleveland)
- Mushroom-mania is sweeping the nation – WKYC-NBC, Cleveland
- Celebrate Earth Day – KDVC-FOX (Denver)
- Roy Rogers announces new Mushroom Jack Burger – Guilty Eats
- Phenomenal fungi can create mealtime magic – Atlanta Journal Constitution
- The Hidden Powers of Fungi – Whyy.org (PBS)
- The Best Dinner Recipes, According to Eater Editors – Eater
- What’s For Dinner? Shroom Steak Souvlaki Sandwiches – Good Morning America
- How to Clean Portobello Mushrooms—and Why It’s Important – RealSimple
- Recipe Friday: Mushrooms: The Official Ingredient for Earth Month – CaterSource
- Beef Stroganoff – Good Housekeeping
- Chicken Breasts with Mushroom and Onion Dijon Sauce – A Family Feast
- Recipe: How to make Mushroom Soup without cream – Orange County Register
- How to Tell If Mushrooms Are Bad – Pure Wow
- Mushrooms’ Moment – Flavor & the Menu
- Roy Rogers Introduces Mushroom Jack Burger for Limited Time – QSR
This week’s top posts included a roundup of the Mushroom Council’s Earth Month content, as well as a recipe for mushroom toast.
- Impressions: 5,024
- Engagements: 177
- Reactions: 149
- Comments: 1
- Shares: 8
- Impressions: 2,920
- Engagements: 152
- Reactions: 108
- Comments: 7
- Shares: 11
The views and opinions in the article links included in this email are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the Mushroom Council.