Media Placements – 04/15/20
Mushrooms in the News: 04-15-2020
The “Cook Comfort Food Once, Enjoy It Twice” syndicated article is now available for distribution. There are currently over 500 placements in outlets across the nation, including in cities near mushroom growing regions.
The positive trends found in retail sales data gained traction in the trades this week, resulting in stories in The Produce News, FreshPlaza, Produce Blue Book, Perishable News and The Packer.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Cook Comfort Food Once, Enjoy it Twice – Yahoo! Finance, Daily Local News (Exton, PA), Reading Eagle (Reading, PA), NorthCentralPA.com (Williamsport, PA), Downtown News (Los Angeles) and The Press (Brentwood, CA)
- Labor of Love – VegNews
- Meat companies introducing blended vegetables – The Daily News (Longview, WA)
- Applegate launches Well Carved line with blended veggies and meat – Food Dive
- Applegate to Launch New Blended Meat and Vegetable Burgers in Retail This Month – The Spoon
- 5-Ingredient Sausage-Stuffed Onions – Kitchn
- Taste Vitality – Dr. Oz
- When you’re out of one thing, just use another – The Washington Post
- King Oyster Mushrooms with Garlicky Glass Noodles – The Woks of Life
- Garlic Butter Mushroom Pasta – Delish
- Mushroom momentum continues amid COVID-19 crisis – The Packer
- Mushroom Council finds optimism in retail data – The Produce News
- Retail data shows significant increase in mushroom sales – FreshPlaza
- Mushroom retail sales surge in March – Produce Blue Book
- Mushroom Council Finds Optimism in Retail Data – Perishable News
- Hospitals thankful for donations; Fresno Mission welcomes more produce – FreshPlaza
- The Plant-Based Revolution? – Prepared Foods
NOTEWORTHY SOCIAL/DIGITAL ACTIVITY
This week Mushroom Council shared two Instagram Story challenges to engage followers at home that are spending a lot of time on social media. Followers took a screenshot of the MC templates, filled in their mushroom answers, and shared to their personal accounts! This fun social media trend was a great opportunity to share mushroom inspiration with our Instagram followers and provide some fun entertainment.