Media Placements – 04/05/2021
Mushrooms in the News: 04-05-2021
Last week, the Wall Street Journal shared an article (“What Explains Our Mania for Mushrooms?”) that explored the benefits of mushrooms and their growing popularity, noting that “usually food trends are best taken with a pinch of salt, but when it comes to mushrooms, the hype is justified.” Furthermore, the article says mushrooms aren’t just for vegans and vegetarians. In fact, meat lovers can enjoy mushrooms while “help[ing] […] moderate their consumption,” suggesting that home cooks try adding ground mushrooms into meat dishes, such as tacos. Ultimately, WSJ said that “The fungus among us may be the future of food, thanks to rich umami flavors that make it a popular substitute for meat.”
April is the month of superfoods for Food Network Magazine and is encouraging readers to “try a new superfood every day this month,” with April 4 being dedicated to mushrooms with a call-out to vitamin D.
Perishable News, Produce Blue Book and The Packer shared the Council’s newly elected officers for 2021.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- What Explains Our Mania for Mushrooms? – Wall Street Journal (PDF version)
- 30 Days of Superfoods – Food Network Magazine
- One Major Side Effect of Eating Mushrooms, Says New Study – Eat This, Not That!
- Homestyle Turkey Meatloaf with Mushrooms – Amy Casey Cooks
- The Absolute Best Way to Brown Mushrooms, According to So Many Tests – Food52 (Salon)
- Here’s the very best way to sauté mushrooms – The Takeout
- Mushroom Council Announces Newly Elected Officers – Perishable News
- Mushroom Council elects new officers – Produce Blue Book
- Mushroom Council nominates officers – The Packer
- Recipedia: Burgers – Foodservice Director
- Exploring the possibilities of plant-based product development – Food Business News
Top posts this week include a share of a recent Mushroom Council blog post and a post asking followers to share their cooking style preference with us by commenting on the post.
- Impressions: 6,252
- Engagements: 615
- Reactions: 230
- Comments: 3
- Shares: 42
- Impressions: 8,697
- Engagements: 498
- Reactions: 365
- Comments: 31
- Shares: 12
Tell us your cooking style by commenting on this post on Facebook.