Media Placements – 04/12/2021
Mushrooms in the News: 04-12-2021
The Mushroom Council’s “Deliciously easy sustainable eating” syndicated article has been released for distribution and has been published by outlets, including Houston Chronicle, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and Chicago Daily Herald.
Padma Lakshmi, host and judge of Top Chef, appeared on the TODAY show to promote the new season of the popular television show. She demonstrated her Mushroom and Cheese Flautas from her cookbook “Tangy Tart Hot & Sweet” during her appearance.
Omaha World Herald shared a go-to guide on popular mushroom varieties, offering insight on each variety’s flavor profile and how to incorporate them into your cooking.
Relish Magazine featured a copy-cat recipe for P.F. Chang’s Asian Lettuce Wraps on the cover of their April issue. The recipe is made with a blend of chopped mushrooms and ground turkey or chicken.
The Council’s upcoming promotions for Earth Month were shared by the trades, including The Packer, FreshPlaza and Produce Blue Book.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Deliciously easy sustainable eating – Houston Chronicle, SFGate, My San Antonio, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Seattle Pi, Chicago Daily Herald
- Ground Pork Stir-Fry with Mushrooms and Green Beans – Snacking Sneakers
- Restaurant Redo – Relish Magazine
- Figuring out fungi: Flavor guide for cooking with culinary mushrooms – Omaha World Herald
- Seasonal Produce: Mushrooms – My Food and Family
- Mushrooms add nutrition to your diet – New Hampshire Union Leader
- Padma Lakshmi’s Mushroom and Cheese Flautas – TODAY
- Baked Tomato, Mushroom & Goat Cheese Pasta – EatingWell
- Mushroom Council Puts mushrooms on the menu for Earth Month – The Packer, FreshPlaza, Produce Blue Book
- The Mushroom Council announces newly elected officers – FreshPlaza
- Food and Ingredients as Medicine – CAFÉ Meetingplace
This week we asked Facebook users to share their favorite foods to add mushrooms to. Some comments included:
- Steak, burgers, chili, spaghetti sauce.
- Absolutely everything! Omelettes, salads,steak, pasta,meatloaf, stir fry, veggies dishes, my favorite food is mushrooms and donuts!
- Why do you always ask such hard questions…anything and everything…except maybe oatmeal…lol
- Literally everything, add them to chili, pork bbq, love them on steak , anything savory pretty much guaranteed to have mushrooms in it in my house
- I eat then fried with butter, salt and pepper. And that’s it.
- Impressions: 22,993
- Engagements: 4,034
- Reactions: 2,507
- Comments: 372
- Shares: 146
Tell us your favorite dish to add mushrooms to by commenting on the post on Facebook.
- Impressions: 11,571
- Engagements: 818
- Reactions: 595
- Comments: 24
- Shares: 35
Like, comment and share this post on Facebook.