Media Placements – 03/29/19
Mushrooms in the News: 3-29-19
With the kick off of the Blended Burger Project earlier this month, we continued to see coverage of the initiative in trade publications such as Perishable News.
Additionally, Popular Science featured mushrooms, ultimately encouraging consumers to eat more of our favorite fungi because of their nutritional benefits and delicious flavor.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Top Chefs Mix it up at Palm Desert Food & Wine – Palm Springs Life
- Bullet Point Buffet: Brunches, Beards and Burgers – Scott Joseph’s Orlando Restaurant Guide (Orlando, Florida)
- Sustainable Eating Recipe: Sautéed Mushroom and Sun-Dried Tomato Avocado Toast – The Sun Gazette (Exeter, California)
- 4 Reasons You Should Eat More Mushrooms – Popular Science
- The Top 10 Ways to Get More Mushrooms in Your Diet – Center of the Plate D’Artagnan Blog
- Mushrooms And Brain Health: New Research Finds A Potential Link Worth Considering – Forbes
- NUS Study: Eating Mushrooms May Reduce the Risk of Cognitive Decline – Health & Medicine Week
- Family Living Focus: Mushrooms – Lancaster Farming
- Fill up on a satisfying dish of farro and mushrooms – The Salem News (Originally from America’s Test Kitchen) (Salem, Massachusetts)
- Vegan Scallops – Eating Well
- Mushroom Tortellini With Arugula – Martha Stewart Living
- How to Build a Healthier Burgers with Mushrooms – HealthDay
- Shiitake Mushroom Bowls with Creamy Miso Sauce – Grateful Grazer
- Blended Burger Project is Back – Horti Daily
- Restaurants Can Now Enter The James Beard Foundation’s Blended Burger Project – PerishableNews.Com
- Future Food Mushrooms and A Winning Recipe! – Supermarket Guru
- 4 Delectable Better-for-You and Better-for-the-Planet Dishes – Foodservice Director
- Mushroom Industry Grows in Creative Ways – FreshPlaza
NOTEWORTHY SOCIAL/DIGITAL ACTIVITY
The #MushroomMadness content remains the most popular social content this week (and month), with fans weighing in and engaging as they awaited the winning recipe announcement: Shiitake Mushroom Ramen To-Go!
Within a few short hours, the post reached 720 people and garnered 92 engagements.