Media Placements – 03/13/2023
Mushrooms in the News: 03-13-2023
Mushrooms captured headlines in not just one but four Food Network Magazine articles this week. From Meat-Free Makeovers to Ina Garten’s Secret Sauce, Food Network showcased mushroom flavor and versatility in every dish.
MSN included mushrooms in their round-up article, “All the Heart-Healthy Foods and Nutrients Every Woman Should Add to Her Diet.” The article shared, “…adults with low levels of vitamin D are at a much higher risk of having a heart attack. Luckily, mushrooms are one of the few food sources of vitamin D.”
PA News shared an article, “What’s Trending? Mushrooms are everywhere,” suggesting that mushrooms could be the new pumpkin spice.
Media + Social Digital Highlights
- CULINARY THRILL SEEKING — What’s trending? Mushrooms are everywhere. – PA News
- The Secret Sauce – Food Network Magazine
- These Mouthwatering Appetizers Are So Good, You Won’t Believe They’re Healthy – Yahoo
- So Cheesy (but not) – Food Network
- Low-carb comfort food recipes packed with flavour – MSN
- Mushrooms add texture to meat loaf without adding fat – Detroit Free Press
- All the Heart-Healthy Foods and Nutrients Every Woman Should Add to Her Diet – MSN
- The secret to making your lasagne even more delicious – MSN
- Weeknight Cooking – Food Network Magazine
- Crispy, Salty, Sweet, Sour and Spicy, Shiitake Larb is Mushroom Magic – Washington Post
- Meat-Free Makeovers – Food Network Magazine
MUSHROOM COUNCIL SOCIAL/DIGITAL
Our top posts this week focused on celebrating National Nutrition Month by adding mushrooms to your plate. Another top post from the week highlights one of mushroom’s micronutrients, Zinc.
Engage with this post on Facebook
The views and opinions in the article links included in this email are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the Mushroom Council.