Media Placements – 02/13/2023
Mushrooms in the News: 02-13-2023
U.S. News shared a lengthy “5 Reasons to Eat More Mushrooms” feature, noting “mushrooms were declared the “2022 Ingredient of the Year” by the New York Times, and the momentum of this celebrity plant-based star is still going strong,” while covering mushroom nutrition, blendability, sustainability and more. MSN and Delicious Food continued to highlight mushroom benefits by sharing the story.
Salon featured two major mushroom features over the past week, with one suggesting mushroom toast as a new trend, declaring: “These roasted garlic and Gruyère mushroom toasts are so good that you may wind up finishing them off before your pals even show up.” An additional Salon story featured the reporter blending his love of mushrooms with his favorite cooking tips.
Better Homes and Gardens featured a story also syndicated to Yahoo on mushroom prep and freezing tips.
Trade press continued to take note of mushrooms as a food trend, with foodservice trade Catersource featuring myriad recipes under the headline: “Mush Ado About Nothing, a 2023 Food Trend.” The Packer, Produce Blue Book and Perishable News featured our round-up of 12 news articles naming mushrooms a 2023 food trend.
Media + Social Digital Highlights
- 5 Reasons to Eat More Mushrooms – U.S. News
- Can You Freeze Mushrooms? – Better Homes & Garden
- 40 steak dinner ideas from extraordinary entrées to budget-friendly bites – Yahoo!
- These Delicious Recipes Are Better Than a Dozen Roses – Yahoo! Life
- 47 Crowd-Pleasing Casseroles For Parties And Potlucks – MSN
- 36 Vegetarian Recipes For A Veggie-Forward Easter Dinner – Delish
- Are Mushrooms Keto-Friendly? – HealthDigest
- Tired of avocado toast? Here’s your cheesy, garlicky wintertime replacement – Salon
- 17 Umami-Packed Mushroom Recipes – Los Angeles Times
- The Right Way to Wash Every Type of Vegetable, According to Food Safety Experts – Martha Stewart
- Cameron Diaz’s Cozy Mushroom Crostini Recipe Makes Elegance Easy – Katie Couric Media
- What to Make Next Week – The New York Times
- Recipe Friday: Mush Ado About Nothing, a 2023 Food Trend – Catersource
- Mushrooms still atop food trend lists, Mushroom Council reports – The Packer
- Mushrooms are Still Trending in 2023 – Perishable News
- Mushrooms remain a trending food in 2023 – Produce Blue Book
MUSHROOM COUNCIL SOCIAL/DIGITAL
Our top post this week included our power breakfast bowl featuring another one of mushrooms, dynamic duos, eggs. We also hosted a giveaway on Facebook, giving consumers the chance to win a Le Creuset Mini Round Cocotte in honor of National Soup Day.
- Impressions: 40,859
- Engagements: 11,255
- Comments: 13
- Shares: 36
- Impressions: 16,383
- Engagements: 3271
- Comments: 268
- Shares: 126
Engage with this post on Facebook
The views and opinions in the article links included in this email are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the Mushroom Council.